• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,609

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Hi everyone, How's the billing service of Airtel? For eg. do their bills actually reach your address, if their bills don't reach the address do they abruptly disconnect the service, or if you pay and they don't get the payment do they again d/c the service? Someone told me their billing service is as horrible as Reliance's so I am asking about all these things that I face with Reliance.Thanks.

hmm. here is an interesting piece of information about their billing.the company has been charging me 999 for the 256kbps package. and today the technical team notified me that the company was supplying me the 699 bucks 128kbps package.about bills... they land here nicely and on time. if they don't you can just go and pay when the date arrives without even requiring a copy of the bill. some centers accept credit cards. they would even let you connect your bank account to their billing system so that u dont have to pay manually.and most of the time if ur delayed in bill payment, they would inform you by calling you. but also... you would get calls at weird times of the day from their marketing people and automated systems telling you about new services which i would call SPAM Marketing calls that should be declared illegal by the courts.

Thanks for the info. You were paying Rs. 300 extra till now?? That sucks. Yes their calling at odd hours with their spam sounds sucky and reminds me of the countless spam SMSes Airtel sends on their pre-paid mobile phone connection. These communication companies find one way or the other to annoy us 🤔

well the speed problems are only a month or two old. i think ever since they actually upgraded the 128k packages to 256k... their upgrade mechanism kinda screwed us...spam == airtel. i am on hutch coz of airtel spams on prepaid connections.

You may subscribe for Online bill from http://www.airtel.in

*You will get your bill in Email
*You can pay the bill online with CC
*You can request for change of plan or any info or any complaint from the site.

the billing is quite good... they reach promptly about 2 weeks before the due date, which gives you more than enough time. Though yes, I found that the collection dept. calling me when I was 1 day late on the payment was a little absurd, especially since I have generally managed to pay on time for almost a year and a half... but no biggie...So all lin all, not a problem I would say.