How to watch 4K/UHD content on Vu Smart TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 15,452
Yes, me too had a thought of going to Apple TV, after seeing the price. I totally forgot that product. 😎

I think my VU 4K tv never play 4K content from Netflix

This below requirement from Netflix
Both the HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your TV must be HDCP 2.2 certified to successfully display Ultra HD content.

This below requirement from Amazon fire stick 4k.
TV Compatibility
1) TV must support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Compatible with 1) 4K ultra high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2 or 2) high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 50/60 Hz. 4K/ UHD TV required for streaming 4K/ UHD content.

It seems that my VU LED TV does not have HDCP 2.2 port 🙁

Nothing will work the Tv is simply not compatible with 4K standards Netflix follows. I seriously doubt that convertor will work. If you have a GTX 10 series gpu or a 7th gen intel CPU you can check if its playing at 4k in Netflix App from Windows Store and MS Edge. Also I am assuming you purchased the 4K plan? Also check the playback settings under account settings and set it to highest.

Yes I am in 4K plan also setting with Highest only.
What Netflix says is, even if we have PC with intel 7th Gen, the monitor that we have to connect should support HDCP 2.2 port.

Last edited:
I hope this conver will work on Netflix. 😉

https://www.amazon.in/Monoprice-115...qid=1540322294&sr=1-8&keywords=hdcp+converter

Comment from one customer in Amazon

Bought this for my Nvidia Shield (2015) to use with my projector. I have a Denon AVR-X2200W which is HDCP 2.2 and would not playback content properly from my Shield which was also HDCP 2.2. Most projectors are only HDCP 1.4, which was my BenQ HT3050 and also tested on Optoma HD-142x and Acer K750.

Kodi would only playback at 60hz for movies encoded in 24hz (24fps) and Plex would not playback at all from the Shield. Netflix, Amazon, and other streaming apps playback normally as well now on my projector.

After plugging this in, I now get proper playback from any content -- blurays and movie files playback in 1080p 24hz on my projector! Thanks for this product, saved me lots of money from buying HDFury and other devices.

4k Netflix may not be working in built in app because it may be lacking the DRM requirements for 4k playback, it is not surprising for a budget TV to lack this requirement. You need an external device which is capable of netflix 4k playback like a firestick or PC with 7th gen+ intel or nvidia 10 series GPU with more than 3gb ram. Do check in netflix playback settings that you have set it to highest quality.