How to watch 4K/UHD content on Vu Smart TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 15,446

Kalyan_1980

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 500
I have 4K Plan in Netflix with 100 Mbps connection. I have 4k Vu LED TV.
But I did not see 4K label in any of the content. How to enable 4K content in VU TV.
Or buying Fire Stick 4K is the only option.

you mean vu smart tv that has netflix integrated?

I assume you have checked recent content that is likely to have uhd version? Check with company support? Makes no sense that Netflix app would be restricted to HD on the 4k model.

If your device supports Netflix Ultra HD streaming and you have a plan that offers it, you can search Netflix for the terms "4K" or "UltraHD" to find titles available in Ultra HD.

I search for the content its available, but if we check the info there is not "HDR" or 4K label along with the Title.
Netflix Says "Ultra HD 4K streaming through Netflix is only available on specific TV models, streaming devices, and computers. Please see above for more details."

That is why i had a doubt that, VU 4k tv steams 4K content.

yeah. on my 1080p display phone, i only see hd label on content. so i guess the tv is not certified for uhd streaming from netflix? vu support might not be very helpful but do try filing a support request and see what they say.

Just now i had a chat with Netflix Customer Support

Netflix Riza Lyn R.
I was able to confirm with our researchers that the TV you are using is not compatible to get 4k from Netflix.

Netflix Riza Lyn R.
They were able to check from their end that this device may not get 4k from Netflix, you also confirmed that you do not have the Googe play store on the TV correct? It will only work, if the app came from the google play store.

You
Sure Thanks. One more clarification, will I get 4K if i will using Amazon Fire Stick 4K?

Netflix Riza Lyn R.
Yes, that would work.

So, now i have to wait for Amazon 4K fire stick for November 14 release

ugh. seems unlikely that they would have a list of all tvs that support netflix 4k. but then i guess they are manually testing and giving certifications for 4k support? i mean even on windows... you only get 4k on edge and netflix windows 10 app. not in firefox. not in chrome.

For 4K steaming only, they have lot of restrictions. But in my VU TV, Netflix play HD content with superb clarity.

Need to wait for 3 more week to watch 4K from Amazon fire Stick. 🙂

6K for that stick... kind of insane.

this is probably a good reason to avoid smart tvs. i mean it's bad enough that the hardware is usually already obsolete by the time it reaches your home. not being able to actually use the features of the tv you paid for is insane.

i suppose. internal os is in any case never a long term solution. so you would have had to get a media player in a year or two eventually. i just wonder if there are better alternatives to fire tv stick 4k. i imagine Apple tv would cost at least twice.