How to utilise mtnls second ip

aman13

Newbie
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
8
0
HI.. I am having a mtnl triband .with 2 so called static ip. Now my prob is that: 1) how do i configure the adsl to allow internet users to access my webserver..( I have already tried virtual server setting but it didn't helped )2) how do I assign the second static ip given by mtnl to acess my ip camera Plz help :mellow:
 

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
2,147
14
One solution,Add a custom routing rule to your router. This rule should forward packets (witout NAT) to the second IP.Configure your PC to use the second IP.
 

aman13

Newbie
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
8
0
Originally posted by netfreak@Dec 5 2005, 06:38 PM
One solution,

Add a custom routing rule to your router. This rule should forward packets (witout NAT) to the second IP.

Configure your PC to use the second IP.
[snapback]34370[/snapback]
[/quote]


still i hav a query..ie cant i assign second static ip to ipcamera??
also can i use port forwarding for both web server on the pc and the network camera....any suggestions will be appreciated :)
 


netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
2,147
14
Originally posted by aman13@Dec 5 2005, 08:13 PM
still i hav a query..ie cant i assign second static ip to ipcamera??
[snapback]34382[/snapback]
[/quote]

Take a note of camera's MAC address. And reserve second IP for it (through DHCP).
 

baudhayan

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 20, 2005
238
10
Mumbai
netfreak...I guess u r talking abt the LAN IP in d range 192.168.x.x. Wht aman is asking is abt assigning a static public IP 2 his IP camera (is tht rite aman). Profssional F/W's & rtrs can handle this setting, I guess. With this D-Link modem I dont think so tht this is possible. I guess u can use only 1 public IP @ a time with Port Forwarding. 2 enable multiple public IP's 2 b used on a single connection, u have 2 terminate d link on a traditional f/w (I guess) & use static NAT's. Correct me if I'm wrong (I anyways work on a PIX F/W).
 

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
2,147
14
netfreak...I guess u r talking abt the LAN IP in d range 192.168.x.x. Wht aman is asking is abt assigning a static public IP 2 his IP camera (is tht rite aman).
[snapback]34557[/snapback]
Yes, I am talking about LAN IP.

My plan is:
1. Disable NAT
2. Configure DHCP so that DHCP IP pool looks like 59.182.x.y - 59.182.x.y+1 (instead of default 192.168.1.1 -- 192.168.1.254
3. Reserve specific IPs for your IP Camera and PC

(Looks like you will need 3 public IPs)
 


aman13

Newbie
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
8
0
Originally posted by netfreak@Dec 7 2005, 08:47 AM
Yes, I am talking about LAN IP.

My plan is:
1. Disable NAT
2. Configure DHCP so that DHCP IP pool looks like 59.182.x.y - 59.182.x.y+1 (instead of default 192.168.1.1 -- 192.168.1.254
3. Reserve specific IPs for your IP Camera and PC

(Looks like you will need 3 public IPs)
[snapback]34588[/snapback]
[/quote]


thks guys for ur advice...but when i try to change DHCP ip range it gives an error message like" Invalid ip range ; :range:192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254"
is this bcoz I hav connected adsl to a switch ..the cam and pc are also connected to switch
plz help
 

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
2,147
14
Can you post a rough diagram of esisting setup? That will help in understanding your situation.