how to use YOU broadband with bsnl ADSL router+modem

• Thread starter Thread starter sanhin2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 14,881
Go with the TP-Link WR-740N you listed above.I got that last week and it's working like a charm. I upgraded the firmware first before I tried changing any settings. The set ships with the firmware from sept 2011. The latest one is March 2012 on the TP-Link website.Remember that the default IP of the router is 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.1.1 . This will necessitate some changes in the PC settings for the wired connection for the firmware upgrade. (Upgrade over WiFi is not recommended).I have put the Router with Firewall Off (Both Laptops have Comodo Personal Firewall installed). The router is setup in 801.11/b/g mode since both my laptop and netbook are b/g capable.MAC based filter is added for all my Wireless devices. The security set is WPA2-Personal with a 20 character password. I get full range inside my small SOHO. The file transfers over Wifi on 54mbps are good enough for most purposes. I have connected both devices via a wired connection for better latency.My smartphone also accesses internet over Wifi. Configuration took a while, since I did not use the built in CD for configuration. I had to do a MAC address clone before my cable ISP allowed me a connection. One Laptop is configured under DMZ option to allow LAN based DC++ to work.All in all a great router for the price. It can be modded with the latest release of DD-WRT or openWRT if you are so interested. I found the default TP-Link firmware good enough for my purposes.Remember to flash the latest firmware before you do any configuration on the router. A lot of stability fixes are present in the latest one.

hy guys received the router today from flipkart. installed in 10 mins flat. as far as range is concerned wasnt expecting a whole lot but it covers the rooms that i need wifi in so I am happy. Works like a charm.