How to use static IP with bridged mode?

@Chip its not an issue with the fiber cable or any fault in any cable, it's from the backend i beleive, because in Dragon path with IPoE it works flawlessly. has anyone tried to clone mac address of the ont to the router and see if that helps ?

@Zenithx99 if PPPoE works then obviously it's nothing to do with the fibre and the backend is to blame. According what the engg. who visited for my static IP told me, the IP address is provisioned from another server not the one doing PPPoE authentication. Either way Airtel has to resolve this because as users there's not much we can do. However, what I find surprising is that Airtel has let it go on this long without resolution.

Incidentally a person from the net escalation team in Bangalore called me for feedback and I told them Airtel needs to improve they're lacking in response time (15 days for plan change, 4-5 days for a static IP), low speeds when on >300 Mbps plan, pricing, among other things. Their escalation email is net at airtel dot com. I think you chaps could write to them.

Does the static IP trick still works? I am thinking to take a airtel connection if the static IP trick to boost internet speed still works. Let me know.

@Baby Clasher its not sure that it will work for you. If they assign you gateway of Delhi, Noida or Gurgaon then only this trick works.

Not sure if it's already known, but in Airtel I am able to simultaneously have multiple PPPoE logins, with each having a non-shared speed ie Full Speed.

Hi,
I am on Airtel with ZTE F670L ONT router. LAN4 is Bridged from the backend. I sometimes connect my another router to it on LAN4 and get PPPoE connection on it but original config on ONT remains unchanged.
Soon I will be going for Static IP if available with Airtel.
I have read most parts of this thread and it seems there's an answer to how to configure static Ip when in bridge mode.

Solved. Here's how.
I had to disable static IP configuration from the ONT and change it to just bridge comfiguration, then configured static Ip details in other router. It connected and working properly.

But this answer is way back from 2021.
Is the process same for ZTE F670L? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you.

I'm using bridge mode for more than a year with Huawei 8145 in bridge mode with Asus router. Now I want to try static IP. Specific reason is I've a IP type CC cameras installed and I setup notifications/alerts from the camera. Some times I do not get alerts. Hence want to try Static IP for a month or two and see if there is any difference. Now the question is what details will Airtel provide after approving my Static IP request. I guess its a static IP, gateway , DNS server details etc which can be configured in my Asus router by myself. Pl correct if I missed anything. Thanks.