How to use static IP with bridged mode?

Yeah, IP geo location is a not concern for me either mine is all over the place, sometimes Bangalore, Mysore, Chennai or Hyderabad. I was referring to gateway, if the gateway changed wouldn't that affect ping?

There's been no change. Ping times to Google DNS, Open DNS etc are the same. My Tata Sky connection has better ping times (by 2-4 ms) to these DNS servers for that matter. 🙂

The current gateway setting is as explained in my post above, not sure what the default gateway was earlier..never bothered to check its geo location actually because with DHCP it could change each time the router (re)establishes a connection.

Arent you getting 1Gbps up/down after static Ip activation? People being on Noida and Delhi gateway having static IP are getting 1Gbps speeds.

@nishantt6969 no, not yet. Just tested it. I am getting only about 550-600 Mbps. I have to speak to them.

1 Gig

ofcourse it is lan, on wifi I get around 560-580Mbps.

@Rehan Kumar it's a Nokia standard issue with Airtel for connections <1 Gbps. I haven't changed over to Dasan since I don't need the extra WiFi performance plus I prefer the hardware buttons on the Nokia. It's only doing a dumb ONT's job in bridge mode.

@nishantt6969 my primary PC is always on wired CAT6 LAN cable so all tests are via that mode of connectivity. To me, wireless is only for convenience i.e. where/when I need to move around in the house with a handheld device or laptop.

Not sure about your region but both the Nokia routers/ONT (g140w-f and g2425g-a) have different routing and speed behaviour
Was getting similar speeds (~600 Mbps) along with other issues with the g140w-f, g2425g-a was much better, could easily max out gigabit (even 2x1 gigabit actually)

Last edited:
2 gig? Who offers that kind of speed for home connections in India? I know Airtel offers a max of 1 Gbps. Do you have a business connection?