How to use static IP with bridged mode?

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
I received static IP couple of weeks ago, When I try to configure static IP in other router, ont being in bridged mode, internet works in other router for 1 second and then it starts showing disconnected. Is it usual? How to connect my router with static IP with ont being in bridged mode?

Help appreciated,
Thanks.

It is very simple. You just need to put in the static IP you have received in your second router and connect it through port 4 of your ONT. You do not need to configure anything else.

How to connect my router with static IP with ont being in bridged mode?
Add IPv4 address, subnet mask (as specified by Airtel) and default gateway address to the personal router WAN config page and you should be good to go. Make sure your router is connected to LAN port 4 of the ONT. v4 is heck of a lot easier than configuring a v6 connection.

@hallow2087 ping times depend totally on the router tables/paths that Airtel configures. As end users there's not much we can do except raise a trouble ticket and hope they remedy it. One can get a static IP and try his luck.

No, increment of 10-15ms, because my gateway is Noida now, instead of Lucknow, but this gateway is much more capable, seems much faster, so doesnt bother me.

I have only 2 ports in Dragonpath Router, how do I get port 4?

Can anyone from confirm their Gateway IP to be 122.160.148.1 or not?

@nishantt6969 my gateway is 106.213.xxx.yyy which I think is specific to my Airtel dynamic IPv4 connection. Also, if you have a 2 LAN port router at least 1 port will be bridged most likely via a pushed config.

It's best you get gateway info from Airtel as values may differ from city to city and possiblity localities in a city as well.

Sorry, forgot to mention, above is my Gateway IP, I invite people from Delhi and Noida to confirm if it is same as theirs?

I have tried everything in the router but bridge mode with static Ip is not working. Bridge mode with dynamic IP was working fine previously without any permission or request from airtel side, bridge mode option is not restricted. But after static IP, the other router connects to internet for 10-20 seconds and after that it disconnects. What might be the problem and what can I fix it?

Solved. Here's how.
I had to disable static IP configuration from the ONT and change it to just bridge comfiguration, then configured static Ip details in other router. It connected and working properly.

I had to disable static IP configuration from the ONT and change it to just bridge comfiguration, then configured static Ip details in other router

Just saw your message bro. Anyways, you followed the right steps. Keep in mind ONT is a bridge and performs no functions other than providing the physical layer L1 of the OSI stack. That's how it's always done. Any configuration changes are to be done at the router/firewall not the ONT.