How to use static IP with bridged mode?

@nishantt6969 TLDR' I went through the thread and saw all the replies, I am on dynamic IP but using bridge mode and I am using Asus Router, I faced similar issue as you are right now. Airtel is very bad at providing configuration instructions to its customers as well their technicians. Airtel installed Nokia G2425 Router at my household, I think same setting might work for you too. Firstly as everyone said put your ONT on bridge mode, then on your second router set WAN to PPPoE and enter your username and password along with Static IP details, now for the specific setting, try to find a setting called PPP Echo Interval and set it to 150. I got this setting by extracting config file from my Nokia router. This setting actually made a difference cause it fixed internet dropping issue. Even my internet was randomly disconnecting every 20 to 25 minutes, it is because low PPP Echo Interval issues timeout and it drops connection to the internet. I do face some discord voice chat issue in which it does not show me the ping but voice chat works fine. Hope this helps you and solves the problem you are facing. p.f.a screenshot of PPP Echo Interval setting on my ASUS Router.
Source

Last edited: