How to use Reliance Jio on your Samsung Smartphone

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
As a part of the offer the users of certain Samsung smartphones (detailed below) will get unlimited HD Voice & Video calling, unlimited SMS, unlimited High-Speed Dataand a host of Jio Premium apps like JioPlay, JioOnDemand, JioBeats, JioMags, JioXpressNews, JioDrive JioSecurity and JioMoney free for three months.

Samsung is expected to make the official announcement this week itself.

Samsung to Roll Out Reliance Jio Preview Offer with 3 Months of Free Unlimited Data and Calls [Exclusive]

What's jiodrive?

one has to wonder why reliance decided to get into the handset business themselves. they could have just partnered with mobile phone operators for bundled deals.

Many years ago I had heard news from somebody that JIO was to be launched on Samsung Smartphones. Suddenly in last few months we got to hear LYF phones.

Wonder if my JIO sim (which I already have) would work on my Galaxy S6.
Or if I could port my Vodafone to JIO (don't think this is possible yet), I don't mind keeping two JIO sims. I like the JIO network. Works great at all the places I frequent to.

My brother has s7 edge, and he lives in jammu whereas i live in gurgaon. Can I get the same under his handset and make it work in gurgaon? I have iPhone 6S. Will the SIM be locked in samsung? Also, when my brother opens myjio app, can he fake his location to gurgaon? will i be needing his handset when i go to reliance digital store?

You wont be needing his handset to get the Sim. When he generates the code it will be saved in his gallery. You can show that at Reliance Store.

But , To get 3 Months Preview offer you need to insert that sim in a Compatable Samsung Device and Install My jio app and activate it. And you can only access preview offer through that handset

This is what i think, I'm not 100% Sure about what i have just said. I gonna call reliance store and enquire about it. Will update you after that

This locking to a particular handset manufacturer nonsense needs to stop. Can't wait to get rid of the LFY handset.

Did you actually try and change your build.prop?
Yes but it didn't work.

If those Galaxy models are 3 month offer enabled, I was interested in putting my existing preview sim into a device with Samsung device identifier. We cannot spoof IMEI obviously. It seems to be IMEI range thing. Locked to TAC code of IMEI of Samsung models.

Has anyone with JIO SIM with preview offer activated tried using it in the eligible Samsung models? Does the offer continue or internet disconnects redirecting you to recharge portal?