How to Use BSNL WILL phone as Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter pavankumarkn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 48,816

pavankumarkn

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I'm newbie here and new to Linux too.I'm using BSNL WILL phone (Hantel) as modem in Windows to connect to Internet, i want to use it as same in LinuxPlease provide me help to do soThanks in advance

Welcome to Broadbandforum.inPlease explain how you connect to Internet.Do You dial 172333(Sancharnet) or 172222( NET0NE) to connect to Internet ?Sorry. Have not seen a WLL telephone.

I'm connecting throug BSNL's WILL phone (CDMA Technology), the connection is Wireless for the phone and i connect it to PC through cable.

.....the phone and i connect it to PC through cable.
Not understood.
. From WLLphone ===>>>Rs232 cable ====>>>to PC Is this correct ?
Wllphone ===>>> cable RJ45 ???===>>> to PC ethernet card ?
1. Internet BSNL BB access via dialer in PC?
2Please explain. What are the details shown in PC network ?
Start/Network/Local area wireless Network/properties/support
values like IP address/ subnet/default gateway etc.
3. Use datacard EC321 ?

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited - BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere - Installation Details

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited - BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere - Modem Interface Screenshot
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited - BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere - Home Page
Para two :
Seems will work only with Windows OS. Please, post in LINUX forum.

I'm connecting through
From WLLphone ===>>>Rs232 cable

Thanks for additional information.

@pavankumarkn: have you been successful in connecting to internet ?

And bro, please tell me how much speed are you getting by using your CDMA phone as a modem ?

Thx
'Arnold'

Welcome to official Website of BSNL Assam Telecom Circle

Unable to copy/paste full details. please go through this web site.
Either you use a Data cable , or buy a usb type adapter.
drivers to be downloaded. Use as a dialup connection and dial
How to access internet from PDSS server?

Connection Setup:

go to Control panel/Network and Dial-up connection/Make new connection/Dial-up to Private network
Select Modem/Enter Phone number as #777/for all Users and then ok.

User name and Password is given by BSNL authorities.
Dialing no is #777
Higher speeds also promised SOON ! ( evdo).
I do not have a WLL phone or CDMA phone. Just trying to give you some references for WLL.

I've used bsnl WLL of net connectivity before I got my broadband in December. I used to get very erratic download speeds varying from 60 kbps to 100+ kbps. Also upload speeds were pathetic. The ports were all blocked, so difficult to keep ratio on torrents.

Yes frds.. I'm already using BSNL WILL CDMA phone for connecting to net in windows...but i need how to connect it through Linux...speed is around 230kbpsbut download speed is around 18 kbps