How to Use BSNL PC Net in laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter koolbuggy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,307

koolbuggy

ISP
BSNL
Hello,I have a BSNL internet connection (basic 250rs home plan) in my PC which i connect using Dialer..I have a modem cum router provided by BSNL..UTSTARCOM WA3002-G4..which is properly configured in PC..I just took a new Dell inspiron laptop..i want to know how do i use tht net also in my laptop??Appreciate any kind of help..thank you.PS: someone told me settings are at this site.. 192.168.1.1 but this is not opening at my end...

the connections settings of the router aren't there in your laptop but in the router itself

192.168.1.1 is what you type in your browser to access your router settings

it must be that your lan card setting in your laptop are set according to your old PC.

check your PC network adapter settings and make them the same in your laptop network card settings

then you can access the net.

you don't have to setup your router settings again if you didn't reset them

if not even then,try checking with BSNL if they lock your PC's mac or something like that.it should be in an adsl connection though

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

also how did you get BSNL in MUMBAI,its MTNL for mumbai and DELHI

Log in to the modem, enable DHCP. In the TCP/IP properties of your connection, select " Obtain IP addresses automatically ". But first, you need to configure your modem in PPPoE mode. Only then you can share internet between both systems.