How to use 777vr1 as a access point. Internet will come from a LAN cable, not phone line

• Thread starter Thread starter kn666
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,919
ISP
Railwire
I have 777vr1 modem and D-Link 825 dir gigabit router. I want to take internet from d-link to 777vr1 via LAN cable. I think making 777vr1 a access point would work but I need WAN on 777vr1 for that. I cant use phone line for internet input. does 777vr1 even takes internet input from lan cable?

Yes you can simply connect D-Link's LAN to 777vr1's LAN and it should work as an access point. If have tried this and it works.

Upvote 1
@Shanmu54321 sir, please help me with this similar situation, I have a couple of brand new 777vr1 pieces and would want them to work as a repeater, I tried already connecting the lan input but the wifi only works on certain devices and from time to time it shows no internet access in working fine devices and gives access to the other device in which it was not giving access to internet like when it worked on phone does give access to laptop and when laptop is given access it does not give access in phone

please rectify my problem the 777vr1 are completely fine and only they are working like this , other router perfectly work for us, sad ly we have only the 777vr1

Upvote 0