How to update WiFi Channels on Reliance Jio Fiber JCO4032?

• Thread starter Thread starter VinayakaSP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 59,875
ISP
ACT, Jio, Railwire
I'm facing a common problem of WiFi but unable to solve it on Jio routers.

TL;DR I don't find an option to change the WiFi broadcast channel for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrum in my Jio Fiber JCO4032 ONT router.

Long story:
I got a Jio Fiber connection 2 weeks ago and my neighbor too got the same 3 weeks ago. The house layout is something similar as shown in the image below.
1.1.jpg

Both routers are blind to each other and hence both are broadcasting 5GHz in channel 44 (WiFi Analyzer screenshot attached below). But my living room is at the other end of the house where both these WiFi signals are getting overlapped as shown in the image above. This isn't creating much trouble for phones and laptops if used in this zone, but the Jio STB struggles a lot to load the Live channels. However, I see that non-live things work fine in it.
So I wanted to set my Jio router channel manually to the best available channel, but couldn't find the option anywhere.

Can someone suggest me what can be done on this?

2.jpg

My router Firmware version: SRCMTF1_JCO4032_R1.28.1

PS: I'm pretty sure this HiddenSSID is not broadcasted from my router but is from my neighbor.

Last edited:
can we disable ssid?

Upvote 0
Hello,
i have already changed the DNS on Jio router to 1.1.1.1 / 8.8.8.8 and I have my 2nd router Tenda AC10 on First Floor, connected via LAN cable to Jio Router.
So what is the best way for configuring Tenda AC10 : Router mode or AP mode ?
and should both 2.4 ghz & 5 ghz have same name or different ?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Can you please point me to that post link?
Also, May I know how to identify non DFS channels?

Upvote 0
This solution still works as of 2022... only tips...

don't hit the link for basic directly, as it would not allow if not progressed from the home page.

And the Search button only works on the system, and not on mobiles. Rest is as per what others have shared. Thanks to all of them.

Upvote 0