How to update email id for airtel esim?

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 215,477
ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I just got my sim card replaced yesterday and the SMS service is blocked for 24 hours.

I actually want to update the email linked to my AirTel connection so I can activate eSim.

Since I cannot send SMS can I go to the Airtel store to get my email updated?

Or better, can I get an eSim from the Airtel store without sending any SMS?

I recently had the same dilemna / problem to get an Airtel eSim. I took a chance and tweet to Airtel while asking Jio to provide me an eSim as Airtel is Not Interested in updating email-id or giving me the eSim. That tweet did the trick and I was able to get the email updated and eSim approval from Airtel by 7 days !
Hope Airtel get their process in-place to approve eSim faster for benefit of their customers or may be this helps others to get eSim faster.

Upvote 0
I called up 121 for getting my email updated at around 12 AM. The guy seemed suspicious but later on told me that the request has been made and that I would get a call anytime within 48 hours for email change confirmation. I was into dilemma what if I missed call and then I have to repeat the whole process.

Being skeptical I gave a try to go to Airtel store next morning and they told me that request has been already made and was told about same instructions. The guy even told me that I could have to wait for a week. In having no hope I only had to wait but then suddenly a message came at around 7 pm that my email request has been accepted(without any calls) and it will be changed soon.

I suddenly reconfirmed it and it was updated for me.

Technically speaking it took less than 24 hours for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These guys have totally messed up their support system. As per Airtel app, my email address is with them. But I can not raise a request for eSIM. Sending SMS does not work. Their call centre 121 does not have any humans left; not able to find that option in Airtel app either. Indian telecom scene has become a joke with idiots like Airtel.

Upvote 0
I don't think you can get an eSim from the store without sending any SMS.
So you have only one option left which is to update your email in their records.
You can definitely update your email by visiting the Airtel store but you can do it by calling 121 or by sending a mail to 121@in.airtel.com as well.
They will ask your personal details to confirm your identity.
If your email is not "registered" with them, mails sent to 121@in.airtel.com will get auto-rejected with the msg: "This mail address is not registered with us." Moral of the story: In whichever direction you go inside Airtel, you will hit a stonewall; this is probably the most user-hostile service provider in the whole world. For Ap99: Better to keep mum than to misguide.

Upvote 0
These guys have totally messed up their support system. As per Airtel app, my email address is with them. But I can not raise a request for eSIM. Sending SMS does not work. Their call centre 121 does not have any humans left; not able to find that option in Airtel app either. Indian telecom scene has become a joke with idiots like Airtel.
Totally agree with this. More pathetic: You don't have any authority with whom you could lodge a complaint against this company. Caption at TRAI site: TRAI does not handle individual customer complaints. Time to change the old slogan Customer is the king to Corporates will rule, customers will have to be satisfied with whatever they get.

Upvote 0
Update to a diff email address. Its Airtel you need to apply all sort of solutions.
Is there no law to protect the interest of consumers? What happened to modified COPRA? What happened to TRAI? Are we to be left at the mercy of the corporates?

Upvote 0
has the situation improved? I am trying since 4 hours to get an agent on 121 it failed then I tried the 1925 trick, got an agent and he said it will take a week to update. wtf is this?

Upvote 0