• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,683

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
Was watching a movie on the desktop then suddenly the display goes out with only audio playing. Right after 5 seconds, screen turns light green with some blaring sound. I just shutdown the desktop forcibly and from then on, the computer does not work. When I switch it on, it boots but the monitor goes into power saving mode and no display whatsoever. Is that problem with motherboard or anything else.? Further what is the warranty and how to claim it.

Assembled/branded?how old?Config?OS?

Since your computer does not even seem to boot and display BIOS options, it looks like some kind of hardware issue mostly. could be:1. Loose connection in one of the removable motherboard parts2. Onboard/motherboard graphics gone dead3. Computer's RAM(memory) gone dead or May be some other part.In order to get the BIOS screen atleast, I'd suggest you try the following:1. Try tightening all the parts of the CPU: remove and replug the RAM, hard disk and any partsI do this and if this does not work, I hand it out to repair.

One and half year old assembled pc running windows 7 64 bit OS. Intel i3 processor, 2X2GB RAM, ATX Radoen 1 GB graphics card.I replugged most of the components and still its not working. I can hear the booting sound but nothing happens after that.Anyways what is the typical warranty for a motherboard and graphics card?

in most cases one year. in your case, RAM could be faulty. if the RAM chip is not working, the system won't start. same applies to graphics. if your have an onboard graphics card, try using it after removing your addon card.

One and half year old assembled pc running windows 7 64 bit OS. Intel i3 processor, 2X2GB RAM, ATX Radoen 1 GB graphics card.

I replugged most of the components and still its not working. I can hear the booting sound but nothing happens after that.

Anyways what is the typical warranty for a motherboard and graphics card?

Motherboard: 3 years typically

GPU : can vary from 1-3(or 5) years depending on the brand

Try using the onboard graphics with just 1 stick of RAM

The Graphics card was the culprit 🙁

Got it removed in the service centre, now my desktop looks so weird.

The positive is that I got the whole desktop cleaned 🙂

If your desktop looks different without the GPU, something is wrong