How to track uploads/downloads (bytes)?

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
Hi,Do you know of a simple way (some tool) to keep a track of all downloads and uploads bytes? Some kind of meter/accounter, so I don't get a rude shock and huge bill when I cross the limit (after Jun) - WinXP and Linux userIs there a BSNL website where you can "log on" to your account (not email) to get status information?I'm thinking of suggesting this to the BSNL people but I doubt they will be able to get anything done...Thanks

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
hehei meant they might not be able to impliment some new stuff if one customer asks for it 8-P

bugatti

Regular
Regulars
Dec 10, 2004
I'm not tracking the d/l u/l bytes because I am scared of bsnl or so..
I'm tracking it to see how fast and how much I can d/l with my connection. I've completed d/ling some 350MB in the past few hours.

I've used DU meter since 2000. Nothing comes close to it in functionality. Install the demo and you'll see.. http://www.dumeter.com/

amogh_gulwady

Viking Warrior
Regulars
Dec 17, 2004
I used DUMeter too, but it shows data being downloaded even when there isnt any, and too much at that.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
thats the data transfer happening through the network card :p

Hulo

Regular
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
No. This logs in to the webmail account. The BSNL Portal is at http://10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp where you can change the p@$$word and check out the timing of your login / logout etc. But it does not show the amount of data transferred so far. I guess, it will do so soon.

quadramble

Feb 20, 2005
Originally posted by vishalrao@Mar 3 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi,

Do you know of a simple way (some tool) to keep a track of all downloads and uploads bytes? Some kind of meter/accounter, so I don't get a rude shock and huge bill when I cross the limit (after Jun) - WinXP and Linux user

[snapback]6341[/snapback]
[/quote]

NetLimiter
Essential features
# Internet traffic monitoring
# Bandwidth limiting (shaping)
# Detailed long-term traffic statistics
# Additional system info (WHOIS etc.