How to switch between DTH connection and DVD player without disconnecting cords of one and attaching

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,946

raj2007

Chennai
ISP
AIRTEL
My DTH connection & DVD player both run on my TV set. Each time I want to see the other I need to disconnect and remove the cords of one from the TV set and connect the other. Is there any switch available I can do so without removing and reconnecting?Though my tv has front/rear AV inputs it shows only one at a time.There is just "AV" not "AV1 & AV2" as in my other TV. Please anyone reply ASAP.

cut the wires nd make a common wire attatchd to tv but the same wire leads to both dvd player nd stb...havent tried it but might work by switching only 1 of the devices at a tym..no need to change wires everytime 🙂

U get an A/V splitter - i dont know if the name is right - but i will tell u its functionality.....* U can connect upto 3 A/V combinations at a time into it - these are A/V in* And there's an A/V out - which connects into ur TV.* U can jump from 1 connection to the other by just Putting the switch on the A/V in u want.....I hope u got this.Or may be 1 example.....U can put ur STB's cord & DVD player cord simultaneously into the A/V in slots of the Splitter.Connect it to the TV.And then Theres's a SWITCH, which lets u to switch between the 2 connections.

Though my tv has front/rear AV inputs it shows only one at a time.There is just "AV" not "AV1 & AV2" as in my other TV. Please anyone reply ASAP.

Heights of Laziness.....No Offence. I also have the same problem. My DTH AV is connected to the rear AV input and whenever i want to use my DVD i put the DVD AV to the front AV input. In my TV if AV is connected with both front & rear, it will work only with front. The moment i remove front AV cable DTH works. No hardwork compare to using the switch button.

Heights of Laziness.....No Offence. I also have the same problem. My DTH AV is connected to the rear AV input and whenever i want to use my DVD i put the DVD AV to the front AV input. In my TV if AV is connected with both front & rear, it will work only with front. The moment i remove front AV cable DTH works. No hardwork compare to using the switch button.

Laziness on this one...not really. My nephew kid always wants to switch between the 2 often. He wont watch DVD/DTH for more than 30 mins. Became a headache for my brother when the kid shouts for the delay in switching between the 2. Now u know why i asked for it in first person

Looks like u got the reply - actually i didnt even remember the price.....when i saw ur question, i was about to put "At max 500-800"......coz i really didnt remember!!

As regards switching - i guess it takes a lot of less time & less effort than changing the connection everytime......

I also use it - i have used this splitter to connect 2 things - STB & [U wont believe] the A/V of my Digicam!! Whenever i want to see the pics/vids by connecting in TV, i just have to switch & attach my cam, and thats it!!