How to share Wired Broadband connection?

ISP
Airtel GPRS
I have a local wired broadband 1MBPS connection. Currently I am accessing Internet on one laptop using RJ 45 LAN cable. It had a static IPV4 assigned to it. I have a ADSL switch (which I had when I was using BSNL broadband). I want to share my current wired broadband connection with more than one computer with wired and wirelessly using that ADSL switch. How do I do that?

Download Connectify hotspot, it will use your laptop's wirless card to share internet.

You need to connect your RJ45 to the switch and from other ports in that switch, take RJ45 to other wired devices. For wireless clients, you may need to do the connectify, but I suggest better to get a router for long term convenience.

Thank you.
But if I want to share it using the ADSL switch, will it be possible to share it using other 3 RJ 45 ports as well. DO I need to make any change in the current setting from 192.168.1.1 setup?

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);]Ok, Here's an update. I now have the WRT54G connected to the hotspot on the phone, but I can't seem to get it and the EA2700 configured to share that connection to the local wired & wireless network. thanks for the sharing[/color]

Last edited: