How To Share Sify Broadband In Two Or More Pc?

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 17,776

Abhik

ISP
Airtel EDGE, DataOne, Sify
Hello all,I am currently using sify's 256 unlimited internet plan.I want to share the connection in two or more pcs. how can I do that?What I have is two LAN cards in my server pc, one lan LAN card in my client pc and a D-Link 8 port switch.With RegardsAbhik

QUOTE(Abhik @ Mar 12 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]83118[/snapback]
Hello all,
I am currently using sify's 256 unlimited internet plan.
I want to share the connection in two or more pcs. how can I do that?
What I have is two LAN cards in my server pc, one lan LAN card in my client pc and a D-Link 8 port switch.
With Regards
Abhik[/b]
First of all tell me that u want 2 access net on both the pc's at same time or not.

yes, I want to use the connection in both the pc's at same time.

Probably yes,
Try this,

SIFY Lan Cable---> Your 8 port Switch----

Then ---->Your PC1_LanCard_1_Configure IP given By SIFY
----> Your PC2_LanCard_1_Configure IP given By SIFY
This way both will be independent.

To Connect both PCs use A LAN Cable confgured to COnnect PC to PC (and not to PC to switch) assign an Internal IP address to additional Lancard.

IP Conflict would occur if you use Internet via your Switch on both computers at a time. Solution if Sify can grant to two IPs and IP unbinding to Mac Address.

Another way would use router, may be expensive.

SIFY comes to your router. Router is configured to use SIFY IP address. Connect your PCs to Router. Use PPP over ethernet to connect to SIFY from any computer.

You could use a TWO PORT Router or four port depending on how many computers u wanted share it with. SIFY may have legal issues and their Dialing Software may not allow this work, well check.

QUOTE(josephprashant @ Mar 25 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]84690[/snapback]
If ICS is used, the second computer would be dependant on the first. Is there a way to make both dependant??? using switch or router?[/b]

For Sify sharing don think abt Switch and lan card. Just think abt Wireless like bluetooth and Wi-Fi.. i configured my connection with my friend through Wi-Fi Adhoc computer to computer . Its working fine..and Fast.. how it is?? coollll... F**k the Sify.. :thumb:

Hi friend I tried to share my sify internet using bluetooh but couldnt get result
I hv Dell laptop and a desktop machine,
I connect internet on desktop and wanna share it on laptop
i connect and install bluetooth on desktop machine and install drivers on desktop and same on laptop
so friend will u tell me the steps by steps to do this stuff
u can send me it by mail
at jack_dsilva2007@yahoo.com
I will really thankful for u if i get the solution by u or by other guy or pls put the steps here plz.
thanks in advance..

Hiyour problem is quite easy to solve.1. either you use a "proxy" in your main pc 2. very easy is buy a router (around 1600Rs/-) and configure the ip(sify) in the router (static). You must connect the sify cable in the VAN port of the router. from that you took connectivity to as much of pcs directly.renganathan

Hi
your problem is quite easy to solve.
1. either you use a "proxy" in your main pc
2. very easy is buy a router (around 1600Rs/-) and configure the ip(sify) in the router (static). You must connect the sify cable in the VAN port of the router. from that you took connectivity to as much of pcs directly.

renganathan

Hi thanks for ur post, but friend I wanna do this stuff via bleutooth so kindly reply me if u possible to give me steps for bluetooth connectivity between both machines
thansk

The sharing technique of broadband connection already given by some executives in the same forum. However find the support of your local CTO. He may help in better way to release the MAC binding and an internal sharing.

Thanks --- crackmind :clap:

Hi thanks for ur post, but friend I wanna do this stuff via bleutooth so kindly reply me if u possible to give me steps for bluetooth connectivity between both machines
thansk