How to setup Tata wimax connection in Ubuntu 9.4?

• Thread starter Thread starter jaijujacob
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,383
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaijujacob

ISP
Tataindicom
Dear All,Anybody have idea how to setup Tata wimax in Ubuntu 9.4? I am stuck with this topic. Actually Ubuntu is trying to connect but after some time its says offline. Seems network card is installed properly. With windows installation also there was a problem first. The person who came to install the device changed the network card setting "Speed/Duplex settings" to "Autonegotiate for 10HD". Then only the connection started to work in Windows. Mine is NVIDIA nForce network controller.I think the same setting need to be applied in Linux (Ubuntu 9.4). But I dont know how to do that.. Anybody for help?Thanks,

what is the brand of your wimax CPE/router ?

you need to open a terminal(in menu Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and type :

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/dhcpd restart
when password is asked ,give your ubuntu login password.when you type the password on terminal ,you cannot see it ,nor there any feedback that you are typing the password.once entered ,press "ENTER" key.then try again.

also ,go through this:
[all variants] Known Jaunty Wireless/Ethernet workarounds - Ubuntu Forums

When I try sudo /etc/init.d/dhcpd restart it shows the below message.root@ubuntu:~# sudo /etc/init.d/dhcpd restartsudo: /etc/init.d/dhcpd: command not foundAlso I could not find anything named dhcp in /etc/init.d/ directory.Anyother thing need to be installed?From the informations on the forum i installed dhcpcd. It was not installed. Then I tried for disabling avahi-----------------------------------------------------root@ubuntu:~# ifconfigeth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:23:8b:7f:55:8c inet6 addr: fe80::223:8bff:fe7f:558c/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:3164 (3.1 KB) Interrupt:20 lo Link encap:Local Loopback inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1 RX packets:60 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:60 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 RX bytes:4488 (4.4 KB) TX bytes:4488 (4.4 KB)-----------------------------------------------------sudo /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon stopthen usedsudo ifconfig eth0 downsudo ifconfig eth0 upthensudo dhcpcd eth0After this it showed an IP with ip4 config. But no chance with internet. I t showing some bytes sent information, but 0 bytes recieved.I saw an information saying "Remove the link of avahi from /etc/init.d to stop it from coming up at boot". But how to do this? Need to delete the avahi file from etc/init.d?The name specified on the device is PHIHONG. specification IEE 802.3af complaint single port injector.. Is that you asked for?Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.