• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 16,000

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
Hi Guyz,
I've been having this problem lately since I downloaded the newer version of BitComet 0.87 (P2P Application). The problem is there is a Yellow orb at the status bar down below the application which when reffered to their site info says:

Yellow: block Yellow: blocked. You client is behind an intranet, Please see (BitComet - A powerful C++ BitTorrent Client for file-sharing) for more information about internet and intranet. Other peers can not be reachable if the client is behind intranet unless NAT (Network Address Translation) has been set up. Please see (BitComet - A powerful C++ BitTorrent Client for file-sharing) for more information

Now how do I go about configuring my NAT? Is it possible? Would changing DNS Servers resolve the issue? I use Beetel 220BX connected on PPPoE.

Would this be a reason for my slow download speeds even with enough seeders? Or am I jus being that lame? :redface:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to forward the 'listen port' BitComet is configured to use (Preferences>Connection) in the 220BX to be able to receive incoming connections.

Thanx buddy... But again... how do I go abt forwarding the port? Any tut on port forwarding? PS: I'm a lamer.... 😉I used help from Portforward.com to forward the ports on my Beetel 220BX.. but in vain.. I used their tut.. saved and re-booted my modem.. but still nothing happend... 🙁 I even tried disabling my McAfee 8.0i.... Anything I cud have missed? :huh:

i thought the first response to this thread would be:

why are you not using utorrent. 😀

Well I got this Bitcomet thingi first and got used to it.. So I sticked with it.. Maybe I'll start new torrents using uTorrent. Ppl have been saying wonders abt it... So I'm gonna try uTorrent. But in the mean time how do I go abt this? The orb is still yellow in color even after port forwarding using the guide on portforward.com!

Ok, first of all...test whether you have forwarded the port correctly. Use this url µTorrent Port Checker and replace 'xxxxx' with the listen port configured for BitComet.

If it gives an error, follow this guide (originally posted by real_india; modifed slightly for BitComet).
Note: If it says "OK" then skip to step 8.

Setting up Port Forwarding in Beetel 220BX

1-> Configure your torrent client to listen to a particular port. In BitComet u can enter this value in Preferences>Connection. Any value between 50000-60000 is recommended.

2->- From DOS prompt, type ipconfig. Note the IP address that you get.

3-> Now, go to 192.168.1.1/main.html

4-> Click on Advanced Setup
Then browse for the NAT option. You reach NAT --> Virtual Servers Setup.

5-> This is where we setup port forwarding. Click on "Add"
- In this window, select "Custom Server" & enter the name of the app for which you are setting port forwarding(in this case BitComet).

6-> In "Server IP Address:" Enter the IP address you noted earlier
- Below, enter the port no. you selected in step 1(fill it in "External Port Start" & "External Port End")

7-> In protocol select TCP/UDP (we require both). Click Save/Apply.

8-> Also disable Upnp in both the 220BX(Advanced Setup>Lan) and BitComet(Preferences>Advanced>Connection)

9->Reboot the modem from under Management>Save/Reboot. Exit and relaunch BitComet.

10->Check again using the url given earlier.

I think there was another post on another thread to the wikipedia entry for BitComet which mentioned some versions are blocked by other torrent clients!So yeah, try utorrent (i use bitlord) and also check your Windows XP firewall has the same port open (if the firewall is enabled and if ur using XP) 🙂

Thanx to waterloo, vishalrao and others.. right now my PC has been infested with some unknown virus.. I gotta clean the mess up... and if in case any unwanted msgs come plz... let me know... 😉

Sorry To Trouble u Peoplenut i have Ericsson W20 and can anyone tell me how to set up the NAT for that????i tried the procedure given above but it seems to not work....