How to Sell-off my Airtel Wifi Modem?

nipun_jain

[OP]
Dec 31, 2005
In July I purchased Airtel ADSL2+ Wifi Modem - Beetel 450TC1. However due to 2 weeks of downtime, I recently switched to ACT Broadband 5 MBPS plan. Now the modem is useless for me. Any idea where I can sell it off? It has 1 year warranty and I have the original bill (Dated July 2011).By the way, I am based out of Bangalore, if that matters.

mehrotra.akash

Regular
Regulars
May 17, 2008
Make sure you get a No dues and the refund of security deposit before selling it off.Normally they classify the amount as a 1 time rent and not purchase(They do take back 1 set of equpiment when you disconnect, but not all of it)

nipun_jain

[OP]
Dec 31, 2005
But I paid in full for it (Rs. 1500). I tried to rent the modem but the installation guy would have none of it!

mehrotra.akash

Regular
Regulars
May 17, 2008
But I paid in full for it (Rs. 1500). I tried to rent the modem but the installation guy would have none of it!

ok, if you are sure, I think the Rs 1500 is considered as a 1 time rent only.

nipun_jain

[OP]
Dec 31, 2005
WTF! Seriously! I will call up the vendor listed on the bill to find out (The modem bill is not from Airtel, but some other local business).

Vaccine

Jul 14, 2010
Yes im pretty sure the Rs.1500 is a nonrefundable deposit against your modem and does not amount to outright purchase.

IMNS

Regular
Regulars
Sep 12, 2011
Airtel can go F itself. I've also recently discontinued their service and so far havent returned the router or anything. I have no use of the router and iptv box but I'm not gonna give it back just to piss them off. lol

genie

woot !
Regulars
Jan 10, 2008
Bangalore
Yes im pretty sure the Rs.1500 is a nonrefundable deposit against your modem and does not amount to outright purchase.

Earlier there was only two options either rent or pay full for outright purchase which means the customer owns the equipment.

I think recently Airtel has stopped providing it and outsourced to Beetel which is another Bharti group's company.

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
try selling it back to airtel :p haha :Du can try ebay...I saw someone trying to sell of 220 BXI :D

himanshupant

Regulars
Jun 30, 2008
try selling it back to airtel :p haha :D

u can try ebay...I saw someone trying to sell of 220 BXI :D

Which pathetic soul would want to buy Airtel Beetel crap :))