How to schedule downloads for night 2 am to 8 am

• Thread starter Thread starter srini-ca
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 7,067

srini-ca

Hi Guys,BSNL is offering unlimited downloads from 2 am to 8 am from 16th Aug 2005.Let’s discuss the possible ways of using this time effectively.Here are my thoughtsYou can use download manager like flash Get to automate downloads from 2 am to 8 am. You can use windows scheduler to connect to internet at 2am .Please share your views.

well i do not think sheduling is a good idea,if you are going to use a p2p or a torrent. it will not be possible.I think we must wake up at 2,then let the downloads go overnight and then switch it of at 8.

Yeah...schediuling download isnt possible becuase i think we have to restart the modem again in the night while doing U/L downloads...same as in MTNL and we have seen a lot of billing errors in MTNL hope that doesnt happen in BSNL

If you are going to download using either Http or FTP then i think you can schedule it any decent download manager but if you are going to use bittorrent then it's a bit difficult.

Watch out Sushubh..VinuThomas has found the solution to this problem, before we could even start the thread. :blink:

discussion boards often help each other. i have seen references to this forum on their forum. so it's not a big deal.

Originally posted by Sudar@Aug 10 2005, 06:08 PM
Watch out Sushubh..

VinuThomas has found the solution to this problem, before we could even start the thread.  :blink:
[snapback]20680[/snapback]
[/quote]

😛 They didnt invent the plugin for AZUREUS P2P. Its already there and am using it !! Its not tat they have found the solution to this problem. SOURCEFORGE had already posted a solution for this .

Ok. BTW, AZUREUS P2P has a plugin called SPEED SCHEDULER which u can download from sourceforge site. U can schedule your downloads. I mainly use it for pausing the downloads for some 15 mins r so, so tat the dl/ul is properly updated to the torrent site. The solution for correctly updating ur account in the torrent site is by pausing the torrents for some time during the midnite ( anytime ).

Originally posted by GAURAV7777@Aug 10 2005, 11:35 PM
i think its gonna require modem reboot for free download

just like mtnl
[snapback]20744[/snapback]
[/quote]
no its not, you just need to login after 2 and logout before 8 am. modem reboot has got nothing to do with data flow, account authentication phase has everything to do with it.
Secondly, i don't know why you people are so defensive abt. the vinuthomas forum finding solutions before this one. Of course its true that the vinuthomas.com forum is a much more exhaustive, informative and dynamic forum that this one. but that does not mean that other forums can't co exist.
Windows is not the only OS in the world, there are many others.