how to schedule a ping

• Thread starter Thread starter desperate
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,336

desperate

ISP
bsnl
hi guys i am using h500c+ package with ut300r2u modem using windows xp pro sp2, i use cidial and utorrent which are scheduled thru free download manager[fdm] .The problem is that i am facing frequent disconnections during the 2am-8am period and this frequent disconnections do not happen when i am browsing the net during 2am -8am,it only happens when utorrent alone is runningso all i want to know is if there is a way to show browser activity during that time without me having to lose my sleep , is there a way for me to start a continuous ping like[ping google.com -t] through windows scheduler and i also wanted to know know if i can login and disconnect without using any other software except windows task scheduler i am extremely sorry if this has already been covered in the forum topics but i am sick of going through such vast amount of information thank you

Just go through the features of imran's utility.. It has more than enough to solve your problem.

thank you but i already tried that and had some problems ........does anyone know how to use dyndns btw i heard that it keeps the connection alive

ok i finally found out how to schedule a ping but the ping isnt able to keep the connection alive ,even the dyndns updater doesnt seem to keep the connection alive . ive even tried upto 8 pings at a time but even that doesnt save me from frequent disconnections ...............can somebody help me please

what kind of help you need? ping or frequent disconnection issue?If ping we can help, If disconnection issue then BSNL had to help. Poor line may cause this problem

what kind of help you need? ping or frequent disconnection issue?

If ping we can help, If disconnection issue then BSNL had to help. Poor line may cause this problem

i dont think line is the problem for the connection is stable in the morning hours...anywayz il lodge a complain with the bsnl..........i could use some help with the ping though i hav already scheduled a ping i would like to see if i hav done anything wrong

----------

Nullsoft NetMon i use this. it runs all the time. good for monitoring uptime of a server

hope the software is clean

its from the original developers of winamp! its a simple tool and its open source. i have been using it for years now. it is as simple as a ping application can get. 🙂

yes it sure does work perfectly, connection was absolutely stable..........thankx a lot....... but any idea why the regular ping through windows isnt able to keep the connection alive................actually what i did was created a bat file of the ping and scheduled it through windows task scheduler to run during the free hours but to no avail.....the disconnections persisted