How To Save Bandwidth?

• Thread starter Thread starter sosmuthu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,458
Status
Not open for further replies.

sosmuthu

Ima usin tata indicom conection and i have monthly limit on my bandwidth......i read recently that by compressing the data that is sent from browser i can save a good amount of bandwidth....iam using firefox browser and how to configure the compression in my computer....IS THERE ANY SOFTWARE TO DO THAT......IF ANY OF U GUYS KNOW ABT THAT KINDLY LET ME KNOW...PLEASE,.... 🙁

Turn off images.

QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ Aug 19 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]59061[/snapback]
Turn off images.
[/b]

There are some compression sotware that compresses the data and imag files and brngs it upon the browser...
That is if the file is 1024 kb,it compresses it to 32 kb...so it saves bandwidth.....
Even if the images are on....we can get the saved bandwidth...
i want that software..Does anyone know abt it?????

QUOTE(sosmuthu @ Aug 20 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]59140[/snapback]
There are some compression sotware that compresses the data and imag files and brngs it upon the browser...
That is if the file is 1024 kb,it compresses it to 32 kb...so it saves bandwidth.....
Even if the images are on....we can get the saved bandwidth...
i want that software..Does anyone know abt it?????
[/b]
In that case that particular software would have to reside on some other server, and not on your PC. So it wouldnt be of any use to you. Thats what I feel.

actually that s/w can be in some proxy server....so it compresses the data and then u again decompress itbut i dont know of any s/w or proxy that does this

This discussion is ridiculous, i.e. no one should think about compressing images to save andwidth!!! That's why unlimited packages need to be become the norm, and the more people shift to unlimited packages like those of Airtel, the more other ISPs would be forced to offer unlimited packages or quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.