• Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 4,158

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Any induction stove users here? Mom is planning to start using it as an alternative because of the scarcity of the cooking gas cylinders in the city.
I have read the manual. I am still confused. I basically got this:
I have to use utensils that are designed for induction cooking.
I have to ensure that the cooker is at a flat surface with nothing hindering the airflow around it.
I have to place the utensil at the center of the stove ensuring that the circle region is optimally covered.
I have to place the utensil first and then start the induction cooker.
Can anyone give me a small guide on what else to take care? Would it blast like a microwave if not used properly? 😀

lol. went ahead and used it successfully. boiled milk. made bhurji. works quite nicely. boiling speed is fantastic.

Use any stainless steel vesel that hasa flat bottom. they all work. don't need any special induction base stuff(i have tht too though).
always keep the vessel 1st then put sumthin in it n then start. the heat otherwise kinda bends the vessel over time. if the bottom aint flat anymore it won't work. i had to get one replaced!
and dont even try cookin at the higher temps(wattage over 1000-1200) excess heat is cool to watch water boiing at insane speed 🙂 but burns food.
i have used it for over a year and nothing has exploded yet ! U will live don't worry.

Right. It was at full blast when I tried making bhurji. Ended up with a coating of burnt egg at the surface area.But it was freaking amazing to see how fast it boiled milk. On gas it takes 15 minutes. Induction was able to do the same thing in 3 minutes flat.

if u push the heat too much even milk burns ! its whats called as doodh faat gaya !
and when u done with the vessel keep it flat on its bottom sumwhere...not upside down ! the heat kinda makes it concave(the bottom gets pushed inside a bit) . no contact = error message !

gotcha. would inform the cook guy to follow these precautions. hopefully he can use it for long enough to make the gas last for long. the local gas agency dealer is being an asshole refusing to deliver 2 cylinders in a month (at full price).

^ use the portal to file a complaint against the dealer. i did once and after that it was all sweet talk from his side. apparently these gas firms(mine is bharat gas) take the complaints seriously to the point where his dealership could get cancelled.

icar said:
You must turn off main switch only after fan stop!
Yes. Realized that the fan takes a couple of minutes to stop. I guess it is to cool the stove area?
icar said:
You must wipe it clean & dry before placing inside the circle!
You mean the vessel that is to be used to cook?
kickass said:
^ use the portal to file a complaint against the dealer. i did once and after that it was all sweet talk from his side. apparently these gas firms(mine is bharat gas) take the complaints seriously to the point where his dealership could get cancelled.
What website? I did try to file a complaint on the IOC website. The form was so badly designed, I have no idea if the complaint went through. Dad suggested that I file a complaint directly through the Oil Ministry website.

Which brand you are using BP/HP/Indane? There is a facility to port to next dealer or brand,
chromaniac said:
gotcha. would inform the cook guy to follow these precautions.hopefully he can use it for long enough to make the gas last for long. the local gas agency dealer is being an a*****e refusing to deliver 2 cylinders in a month (at full price).

Underneath the pan

There is also a limit to how much weight you can place on top of the stove, I think its either 7 or 10 kg. But that's enough for most day to day cooking.