How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
Finally after the expiration of my warranty , I am planning to root my Samsung Galaxy S3.This is certainly the newest thing which I need to learn. I have below queries.1. What are the risk involved in rooting an android phone ?2. Is rooting a reversible or irreversible process ?3. How much time does will it require for a noob like me to root the handset4. How to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 ? ( easiest and complete way )Thanks in advance.

IndianMascot said:
Finally after the expiration of my warranty , I am planning to root my Samsung Galaxy S3.
lol. u know u can always reset and get back to unrooting :rofl:

No I wasn't knowing this. I have been reading hell lot of things in bits and pieces here and there but never shown complete interest because I was not prepared for rooting due to sudden death of my S3But now it has become a cheap, humiliated piece and hence I am ready to either humiliate it more or make it something interesting.

IndianMascot said:
Finally after the expiration of my warranty , I am planning to root my Samsung Galaxy S3.This is certainly the newest thing which I need to learn. I have below queries.1. What are the risk involved in rooting an android phone ?2. Is rooting a reversible or irreversible process ?3. How much time does will it require for a noob like me to root the handset4. How to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 ? ( easiest and complete way )Thanks in advance.
1. No major risks if you aren't extremely paranoid about security and stuff
2. Reversible
3. Hardly a minute to be honest
4. This toolkit will help you doing everything (mskip's toolkits are always the most reliable and user-friendly kits) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

if you are worried types, you can always note down the firmware you have now.
Take a screenshot of "About page" and keep it for future, which includes, baseband and other details, once done, find the OEM ROM on sam firmware site and download it and keep it.
This way you can always revert to your original firmware no matter what Rom you flash after rooting.
Use the tool by "Binary " on xda, I've rooted not less than 20 phones using it, mostly running ICS and upwards, from lava to Samsung the tool is easy if it
supports your phone.
unrooting is as easy as of rooting.
For service center service limitations read this, I had a Tab2, hardware problem, service center in my town didn't even had its ROM, so I downloaded it, flashed it 3-4 times, but wifi problem didn't solved, then deposited it for warranty claim, it tool 20+ days for fix, but it was repaired.
What I mean to say is, Samsung Flash counter doesn't increases if you flash stock rom,
And as your phone is already out of warranty you would be delighted to flash custom roms, mods, tweaks etc etc and enjoy the phone for another year at-least and won't feel left behind with a year old phone.
Follow this to be on safer side:-
Root it
Install titanium backup from playstore, no need to purchase it works fine for backup/restore, you can pay later for advance features.
Make a full backup for user+system from "Batch Action"
keep this backup on computer.
Install mods, or change the ROM, and Do the game, beat the hell out of your phone 😛layful: 😛layful:

1. What are the risk involved in rooting an android phone ? - warranty period is over so that is out anyways. Apart from that, there is always a chance of bricking your phone. 2. Is rooting a reversible or irreversible process ? - why would you want to unroot once warranty is gone. Yes it is reversible but to go back to 0 counter, you may have to follow a complicated process. 3. How much time does will it require for a noob like me to root the handset - 2 minutes max if you have downloaded the drivers and Odin. I think in chainfires thread on xda, it's written "if you took more than 5 minutes, you are doing it wrong. 4. How to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 ? ( easiest and complete way ) - download Odin and drivers, go into download mode, flash cf root or cf autoroot, depending upon your preference and you are good to go. Check chainfires thread for exact rooting steps.

1. You can not brick a device by just rooting it.
2. It is reversible but since S3 comes with a flash counter and increases when you flash something out of stock. You can reset it by using an app called triangle away. In that app you just need to hit reset flash counter and its done. As simple as that.
3. You may spend time finding correct way to root you phone as rooting process differ from model to model. But the process of rooting is very short.
4. Cf-root will be the safest bet for you. Since it do not have any modification of the kernel.

Thanks a ton to all. :Thank You: Handset Rooted sucessfully with the help of Toolkit. :mml:
Now please help me with a good source from where i can look around Custom ROMs and play around. :wink_2:

After a little bit of effort, was successfully able to install CM 10.1 Custom ROM. Now my S3 looks amazing, speed and battery backup and enhanced drastically