how to resolve packet loss for bsnl fiber internet connection

• Thread starter Thread starter nbargaje
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,470
ISP
BSNL Fiber brodband
Hi,

i have bsnl fiber connection(50mbps), and when i work with VDI/VM it works very slow using this connection(using VPN). but if i use jio same works fine.
its too irritating when i work with bsnl connection. i tried set different MTU values but its not working.

checked with IT people and bsnl guy as well, anyone dont know how to resolve issues. i chenged router as well.

can anyone help here. Thanks in advance.

Changing MTU setting of router is less useful in such a scenario since it's a VPN. Try to lower the MTU of the VPN interface on your PC.

Upvote 0
Am facing the same issue. I use Cisco AnyConnect VPN and mostly in day time the connection is super slow, at night its better. This is because of BSNL's routing and its infra. There's nothing we could do. The only option is to change the ISP.

Upvote 0
I use Cisco AnyConnect as well bro. My plan speed is 60Mbps and I hit that consistently, symmetrically. My company uses auto MTU determination and that helps I think.

Upvote 0
I use Cisco AnyConnect as well bro. My plan speed is 60Mbps and I hit that consistently, symmetrically. My company uses auto MTU determination and that helps I think.

How we can set auto MTU determination, any idea? also i changed MTU to 1430 got little ok performance. i will try 1344 as well.

Upvote 0
We can’t set it in the app. It’s done in the server itself. Company IT staff should know it. Just a flag set in the Server config file. Also I said MTU <1344, so 1344 is not included. Only values less than that. Try 1300.

Upvote 0