How to rename devices connected to Jio Fiber wireless network using MyJio App

SG_curiosity

I got banned!
ISP
Jio, BSNL
Sometimes I have to block few devices which are connected to my Jio gigafiber WiFi but their names are appear in random numbers which are difficult to differentiate and remember. So there is a feature in My Jio App to rename the devices which are connected with my home Jio Gigafiber wifi ONT. But when I changed the name of any device in My Jio App it get revert back to its previous name of random numbers. I have also factory reset the modem but issue not resolved.

Why I am not able to rename the devices which are connect to my WiFi of Jio Gigafiber through My Jio App? What's the issue? Do you also face this issue?

Last edited:
Even after factory reset still this issue not resolved. Any one who have same issue?

Upvote 0
This issue was not in previous Jio Gigafiber ONT. But after replacing the previous faulty Jio router, I facing this issue in the new router. Anybody have any solution and suggestions?

Upvote 0
Please everybody, try to rename your connected devices in your MyJio App and check weather do you able to rename or not?

Upvote 0
Even I do face the same issue in MyJio app when trying to rename the devices. It just reverts back.

There are a lot of entries like MAC10, MAC11, android-bec***8, etc. which is bit annoying.

P.S.: I just got my JioFiber connection couple of days back. The White SD 4500 one. I have disabled the wifi of the Jio box and connected my Asus router to the Jio GigaHub.

Upvote 0
I am also facing same issue. If you do factory reset on router it gets automatically synced to previous settings which are made through my jio app.

Upvote 0
I am also facing same issue. If you do factory reset on router it gets automatically synced to previous settings which are made through my jio app.
@Vishal | Chennai How you reset it? By pressing reset button on back side or from login page setting?
I also observed that if we press the reset button then it will only reset the login page's password to default Jiocentrum but it will not completely reset the all settings.
For complete reset to default settings, you have to go in login page's settings and reset it.

And also tell us what is your Jio Gigafiber ONT manufacturing date and model number?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even I do face the same issue in MyJio app when trying to rename the devices. It just reverts back.

There are a lot of entries like MAC10, MAC11, android-bec***8, etc. which is bit annoying.

P.S.: I just got my JioFiber connection couple of days back. The White SD 4500 one.

In MyJio app, none of the listed devices under the ONT have the green wifi icon.

Is it the same for everyone or it's just me?

@coolsam07 I have also both these two issues in my new jio router. Can't able to rename the connected devices names through MyJio App and also no green WiFi icon showing for active connected devices on MyJio App. These two issues was not exist in previous Jio Gigafiber ONT whose manufacturing date was 03/2016 but new Jio Gigafiber ONT manufacturing date is 04/2016 and problem exists in this new one.
I am not sure if this is a manufacturing issue or software bug or Jio block these features in newer firmware update or in new manufacturing models.

Also, Can you please share some general details of your Jio GigaFiber WiFi Router.

Q1. What is your device Hardware version and Firmware version?
To check this, you have to visit on Jio GigaFiber login page by typing 192.168.29.1 on browser url of mobile or PC (only work when device is connected with Jio GigaFiber) and then put default User Name is admin (small "a") and password is "Jiocentrum" (capital "J") then go to Status» Device Status» System Information.
(provide me full detailed number of hardware and firmware).

Q2. What is current Firmware Date? To check this go to Administration» Maintenance» Firmware Upgrade.

Q3. What is manufacturing date and import date?

Q4. Is your White Gigahub Express version 1.0 or 2.01 or something else? Check your Jio GigaFiber manual outer cover?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@SG_curiosity

Please find below the answers to your questions.

A1:
Firmware Version FXCTF1_JCO500_R1.140
Hardware Version S2f
Model Name JCO500

A2:
Current Firmware Date Wed Mar 6 14:37:24 UTC 2019

A3:
Manufactured on 04/2016
Imported on 06/2016

A4:
Gigahub Express version 1.0

Upvote 0

P.S.: I just got my JioFiber connection couple of days back. The White SD 4500 one.

In MyJio app, none of the listed devices under the ONT have the green wifi icon.

Is it the same for everyone or it's just me?

@SG_curiosity

Please find below the answers to your questions.

A1:
Firmware Version FXCTF1_JCO500_R1.140
Hardware Version S2f
Model Name JCO500

A2:
Current Firmware Date Wed Mar 6 14:37:24 UTC 2019

A3:
Manufactured on 04/2016
Imported on 06/2016

A4:
Gigahub Express version 1.0
We both have 04/2016 manufacturered Jio Gigafiber ONT and we both have same issues of unable to rename connected devices and no green WiFi icon showing for active connected devices. So may be there are some issues in manufacturing batch of 04/2016 because as I told earlier that these issues was not in my previous Jio Gigafiber ONT whose manufacturing date was 03/2016 and also many newly manufactured Jio ONTs also don't have these issues.
(Not sured).

Also anyone else who have have these issues? If yes or no, Please also share your Jio ONT's model number and manufacturing date.

Upvote 0
Same issue I am also facing. If I rename MAC1 to mi a1 after some time it reverts back to MAC1.

I think it's the my Jio app issue not router issue. And no green dot for active devices.

Upvote 0
Same issue I am also facing. If I rename MAC1 to mi a1 after some time it reverts back to MAC1.

I think it's the my Jio app issue not router issue. And no green dot for active devices.
Q1. What is your manufacturing date?
Q2. ONT model number?
Q3. Current Firmware version?
Q4. Hardware version?
Q5. Did these two issues occurring from first day of purchase when it have older firmware or issue occuring after any automatic firmware update?
Q6. Do you have connected any extra router to your Jio Gigafiber ONT and then these two issues are occurring through MyJio App? If yes then try again with only main Jio router WiFi and no extra third party router should be connected with it. Check this also and tell me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0