How to rename devices connected to Jio Fiber wireless network using MyJio App

SG_curiosity

I got banned!
ISP
Jio, BSNL
Sometimes I have to block few devices which are connected to my Jio gigafiber WiFi but their names are appear in random numbers which are difficult to differentiate and remember. So there is a feature in My Jio App to rename the devices which are connected with my home Jio Gigafiber wifi ONT. But when I changed the name of any device in My Jio App it get revert back to its previous name of random numbers. I have also factory reset the modem but issue not resolved.

Why I am not able to rename the devices which are connect to my WiFi of Jio Gigafiber through My Jio App? What's the issue? Do you also face this issue?

Last edited:
Q4. Hardware version - 01

Q5. i don't know what was the firmware version which came out of the box. The router restarted couple of times during installation and there is a big difference in my router manufacture date and current firmware build date i assume that when it got connected to the internet for the first time it may got updated immediately.

Q6. I don't have any extra router.

And active devices was showing in green color for first few days after installation. If it is not showing in green color for all users and all users have that device renaming issue in my jio app then the issue is with jio back-end.

Upvote 0
Q4. Hardware version - 01

Q5. i don't know what was the firmware version which came out of the box. The router restarted couple of times during installation and there is a big difference in my router manufacture date and current firmware build date i assume that when it got connected to the internet for the first time it may got updated immediately.

Q6. I don't have any extra router.

And active devices was showing in green color for first few days after installation. If it is not showing in green color for all users and all users have that device renaming issue in my jio app then the issue is with jio back-end.
How you check the hardware version? I think 01 is not correct. Actually to check the Hardware version and Firmware version, you have to visit on Jio GigaFiber login page by typing 192.168.29.1 on browser url of mobile or PC (only work when device is connected with Jio GigaFiber) and then put default User Name which is admin (small "a") and password is "Jiocentrum" (capital "J") then go to Status» Device Status» System Information. Check both and provide full hardware version and firmware version.

Upvote 0
@SG_curiosity Look at your self
kVRXvnN.png
I appreciate your efforts.

Upvote 0
You have hidden serial number on lower left side but not on the system information page itself 😀

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you edit your post and delete the pic that way?

Upvote 0
I dont know what can happen with public serial number - maybe someone else can register the device in their name for warranty etc? 😀

Upvote 0
@coolsam07 I have also both these two issues in my new jio router. Can't able to rename the connected devices names through MyJio App and also no green WiFi icon showing for active connected devices on MyJio App. These two issues was not exist in previous Jio Gigafiber ONT whose manufacturing date was 03/2016 but new Jio Gigafiber ONT manufacturing date is 04/2016 and problem exists in this new one.
Q5. After Change WiFI Name and password no green WiFi icon showing for active connected devices on MyJio App.

Upvote 0