How To Reconfigure Modem after Changing of Usage Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter ravi_kisan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,250

ravi_kisan

ISP
BSNL
Hello all..I am new here ... I have a QueryI changed my BSNL Broadband plan from 750 Plus(512 Kbps) to 1350 (4 mbps) ..Now my modem is not working .. BSNL people asked me that due to change of plan it has to be reconfigured .. Plz help in re configuring my modem .. Can it be done ? Or i have to take it to their office :sigh:I have new Teracom modem (without Wireless)Plz help ..Thanks in Advance

1. No reconfiguration is required after plan change. I have changed my plan some 3 times and did nothing to the modem.

2. Does the modem power ON ? If no, check the power adapter. If any of your friends have the same modem, borrow the adapter and test it on your modem.

3. If modem power is ON, then please state the exact issue.

4. If nothing works, reset the modem and reconfigure using this guide

Teracom Type-I ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

To reset, there will be a small hole at the bottom (just like vent hole, but placed a bit away from vent holes), use a ball point pen refill and press hold it for say 30 second when the modem is ON.

If you are using a personal modem then use the configuration disc it came with to reconfigure the modem. Maybe that might fix your problem.

1. No reconfiguration is required after plan change. I have changed my plan some 3 times and did nothing to the modem.

2. Does the modem power ON ? If no, check the power adapter. If any of your friends have the same modem, borrow the adapter and test it on your modem.

To reset, there will be a small hole at the bottom (just like vent hole, but placed a bit away from vent holes), use a ball point pen refill and press hold it for say 30 second when the modem is ON.

Thanks dost for ur prompt reply ..
But my MODEM is working fine ... and the BSNL people have told me in advance only that i will have to get my modem re configured if i am going for this plan change ... so its showing red colour in the link indicator ...

So will it help ?? or better i take it to BSNL office only for it ...

If you are using a personal modem then use the configuration disc it came with to reconfigure the modem. Maybe that might fix your problem.

thanks for ur suggestion ..
but i have the BSNL provided teracom modem the white one (without wireless) .. so if u have any thing to add .. plz help 🙂

----------

Thanks for the prompt reply ...
But my the adapter is working fine .... but the link indicator is red ..actually the BSNL ppl have told me that it will become red when the new plan is activated .. so it will have to be reconfigured ..
Please help me .. the old id and password will work or new id and password will be given to me ??