How to port forward?

ISP
Airtel
I need to forward certain ports so that I am able to host online games. I have forwarded these ports on my router page and even enabled DMZ but this didn't help. The ports still appear to be closed and I'm only able to connect to others having open NAT. Also, the IP address shown to me on the router page is not the same as my public IP.

Honestly man, we have gone over this every couple months in multiple threads. The issue is a double NAT setup by ACT for their carrier grade NAT.

Call them and tell them you need to access your IP cameras when outside your house so you need portforwarding. Then ask them for a static IP setup (private not public).

Alright thanks. Btw don't I need a static public IP address? How is it different from a static IP private address?

Never mind, found your post explaining how a private IP would help.

Each gateway has been assigned a certain public IP. By giving you a static private IP it ensures you will have the same public IP too because you connect to the same gateway each time.

So do I HAVE TO mention the camera thing or will simply asking for a static private IP suffice?

they need some reason to process your request so depends on the technician you are dealing with

They have stopped giving private static IP. However, they will do the MAC binding now which basically works like private static IP in the backend.

So now that they've switched to mac binding, which ports do they open, all or just selective ones? Also is the public IP still static?