How to port forward in D-Link DSL-224 Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter dragonball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,422
utorrent automatically port forwards if you have router that has upnp enabled but if you are using old router then you need to forward the port manually. Choose a port. Go to Preferences > Connection >Listening Port 6881-6889

There are 2 options Port Forwarding & Nat Port Trigger. Which should I go to & What field entries should I enter?

RARRvI5.jpg

74sma67.jpg

Last edited:
for NAT forwarding put port range you use in utorrent and check if its working. I cannot see all available options from image particularly that 'Nat Type - Outgoing' For protocol use both tcp/udp.

Hi smh - Thanks. What exactly is NAT forwarding & when is it used?
2nd question - Does my WAN ip address change everytime i switch my roter on / off? Currently it is 192.168.1.5

Network Address Translation

By default your firewall block/drop incoming connections not initiated by you because it doesn't know for which LAN devices this connection is for, so with NAT forwarding you tell your router hey if you receive a packet at this port of WAN ip then forward it to X local device and port.

192.168.1.5 is your LAN ip, your WAN ip would what you see here What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More

Last edited:
2nd question - Does my WAN ip address change everytime i switch my roter on / off? Currently it is 192.168.1.5

Oops I missed earlier, Yes your LAN ip could change from 192.168.1.5 to like 192.168.1.X .

1. You have to allot a static ip from your router to your pc. Check there will be some setting to bind ip with mac address.

2. In your pc network adapter use the following settings. You can use airtel DNS or any other DNS you like.

HhNoLfv.png

3. If you break something just use Obtain Ip automatically.