How to permanently remove phone number from TrueCaller?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8,047
They let you unlist without sending a confirmation SMS? What if someone unlists people who do not want to be unlisted, like I did with some of my friends lol ? :nono:

Upvote 0
I am not sure why anyone would WANT to be listed. Though yes, they are saving themselves money by not asking for any kind of verification. I removed numbers of some of my friends as well. Asshole thing is that you cannot search for your own (or any) number without creating an account first.

Upvote 0
This software app is very dangerous. People had reacted at very beginning of the app launch.
It does not ask the actual user any confirmation that his number is available worldwide.
It does not ask actual user for removal form the directory.
Hence actual user is completely blind on what details of his are available free to any one in the world.

Upvote 0
when you dont have a say in addition to the database , its possible as of now you dont have a say in opting out of database , they acess other people contact to list you in their database

Upvote 0
Even if you would have/had removed and de-listed your number, if that database is stolen, your details are also hacked.
Only difference is that it was not available to world, but it is available to hackers.

Upvote 0
Ive unlisted my number from the link provided on their website but after a couple of weeks,wehn I checked, my number was still being displayed. 🙁

Upvote 0
Dextermorgan said:
Ive unlisted my number from the link provided on their website but after a couple of weeks,wehn I checked, my number was still being displayed. 🙁
Thats probably because someone who has your number installed the app after you removed yourself from trucaller thereby they re added you ...
I agree that privacy may be at risk here but I find this app very useful ..Now whenever I get calls from tele marketers I never answer them and put them on my ignore list ..

Upvote 0
Just checked and so many numbers are visible which are unlisted by me 6 months ago.

Upvote 0
Yup. Hard to trust this company that claims that your number would be removed permanently. My primary mobile number has not reappeared though.

Upvote 0
I don't know what's the fuss about. It's just your telephone number, not your bank details. Many friends uninstalled the app after the hacking stuff. I'll continue using though. Great app for me, very helpful.

Upvote 0
AbhishekS said:
I don't know what's the fuss about. It's just your telephone number, not your bank details.Many friends uninstalled the app after the hacking stuff. I'll continue using though. Great app for me, very helpful.
I am also quite sure that having your bank account number publicly broadcasted is not going to hurt you either. This does not mean it should be publicly available for searching.

Upvote 0