How to NOT fall for sify's new trap !

Whatsup people !

Here are some tips that I recommend if you want to avoid sify trouble. I myself have a unlimited 64kbps conn. and it has been working great for the past few months. The tips are I am giving are not gauranteed to acheive satisfaction and you can still end up getting screwed by sify, but there is nothing harmful in giving these a shot.

1. I don't really advise all these unlimited connection which say you get a BW of more than 64Kbps, don't fall for getting a 128 Kbps conn or a better one because in the end or the long run your never going to get a steady 128Kbps, they all fall down too a shared level which declines with the number of users logged on simultaneously in your region. ISP providers scam you with increased bandwidth offers for unlimited and limited downloads the best is to go for one above modem level which is 64kbps and it will work great.

2. NEVER NEVER AGREE if someone from sify calls you and tells you that we are going to implement this clause on your account, ask them why are they doing this, tell them you were not informed before of this. for eg. I have got a few calls from sify about my download exceeding more that 150MB (in case someone doesn't know this 150 MB also includes uploads from your computer as well so its a total of 150MB/day for uploads and downloads) and the best way is to tell them is to argue with them and tell them that this was not told before you signed up for this account. If the guy tells you this is a new policy tell him your going to look it up on the net and you don't believe him on this and this is not fair since nobody informed you abt this policy b4 you signed up, the TRICK NEVER ,NEVER AGREE.

3. Maintain good relations with your regional cable operator or provider ( see if you can ask him to increase your bandwidth or open up some data ports for faster access to downloads, most cases these guys don't know jack so you can spit some technical jargon at them and they might do it)
"This one hasn't worked for me yet even though the cable guy is my dad's good friend he doesn't really let me fiddle with his computer and tells me to call the regional guy if I have some problems, but I keep trying, so should you."

4. USE SUPERSIFY it is an excellent work written by Infernalproteus
and will save you a lot of headache, you can read up on this on "http://forum.seo4india.com/sify/supersify/" and there is also a link at "http://sifybroadband.sushubh.com/" (courtesy of sushubh). There are a ton of features along with the RAM you will save by using this client. The best feature I like abt this is that u can stay online all day without sify being able to disconnect you with the heartbeat crap.

Thats it 3 easy tips , then again these are just suggestions and may not work for all, but in any case I wish everyone happy and fast surfing 🙂

Um they mention the 150Mb limit quite clearly now so it would be pointless not to agree.

i totally agree with the first point of gemini...i recently tried their 256 kbps - 1 GB pack for around a couple of days...i was getting a download speed of around 10-12 kBps which if even less than 128 kbps line...so it's better u guys don't go above 128 kbps...not worth paying more...

Yeah I was too enthusiastic about the 256kbps 1 GB pack......same here I get around 8-10 kbps which too is very unstableI was much happy with my hour limted 64 kbps pack

Originally posted by gemini_shooter@Apr 10 2005, 09:19 PM
Whatsup people !

Here are some tips that I recommend if you want to avoid sify trouble. I myself have a unlimited 64kbps conn. and it has been working great for the past few months. The tips are I am giving are not gauranteed to acheive satisfaction and you can still end up getting screwed by sify, but there is nothing harmful in giving these a shot.

1. I don't really advise all these unlimited connection which say you get a BW of more than 64Kbps, don't fall for getting a 128 Kbps conn or a better one because in the end or the long run your never going to get a steady 128Kbps, they all fall down too a shared level which declines with the number of users logged on simultaneously in your region. ISP providers scam you with increased bandwidth offers for unlimited and limited downloads the best is to go for one above modem level which is 64kbps and it will work great.

2. NEVER NEVER AGREE if someone from sify calls you and tells you that we are going to implement this clause on your account, ask them why are they doing this, tell them you were not informed before of this. for eg. I have got a few calls from sify about my download exceeding more that 150MB (in case someone doesn't know this 150 MB also includes uploads from your computer as well so its a total of 150MB/day for uploads and downloads) and the best way is to tell them is to argue with them and tell them that this was not told before you signed up for this account. If the guy tells you this is a new policy tell him your going to look it up on the net and you don't believe him on this and this is not fair since nobody informed you abt this policy b4 you signed up, the TRICK NEVER ,NEVER AGREE.

3. Maintain good relations with your regional cable operator or provider ( see if you can ask him to increase your bandwidth or open up some data ports for faster access to downloads, most cases these guys don't know jack so you can spit some technical jargon at them and they might do it)
"This one hasn't worked for me yet even though the cable guy is my dad's good friend he doesn't really let me fiddle with his computer and tells me to call the regional guy if I have some problems, but I keep trying, so should you."
4. USE SUPERSIFY it is an excellent work written by Infernalproteus
and will save you a lot of headache, you can read up on this on "http://forum.seo4india.com/sify/supersify/"  and there is also a link at "http://sifybroadband.sushubh.com/" (courtesy of sushubh). There are a ton of features along with the RAM you will save by using this client. The best feature I like abt this is that u can stay online all day without sify being able to disconnect you with the heartbeat crap.

Thats it 3 easy tips , then again these are just suggestions and may not work for all, but in any case I wish everyone happy and fast surfing 🙂
[snapback]7822[/snapback]
[/quote]

thnx alot man .... u know wat.. i was getting d/l speeds of arnd 300 kbps on a 64kbps plan...but that was just for a week... so was it bcuz of wat u say.. data ports etc.. man now when the speeds are like 10-12kbps it takes forever to d/l games and alll... like a 350 MB game requires 1 whole day.. so can u plz tell me in detail wat i should i ask the cable guy....and being an indian can i bribe him in case he doesnt agree...LOL and yes now i have that 48 kbps unltd plan.
😀 ... man if it helps ..i cant say wat i ma doo...in a nutshell i'll be very happy and grateful to u dude... plz reply me ..

hi yalli just raedall the replies and i was confused... can any1 tell me wat speed should i normally get with 64kbps plans... should i get all of 64kb.. but its shared ... wat sify punks told me...after reading the replies i also developed contempt for sify ...

Bribery on Sify too? I wonder whether bribery gets discussed on BSNL/MTNL forums :-\

@mehdigenius...read more posts and u'll find out that that's the trick sify is playing so that u hit their "benchmark" limit asap, by giving u more speed than ur connection is supposed to give... B) @inetbum...haven't yet encountered one topic on bribery in this forum...but won't wonder if a thread starts soon 😉 :lol: