How to limit speed on devices

ISP
Jio Fiber
Whenever I download something, my PC consumes all the bandwidth making other devices getting almost nothing speed (happens mostly when using torrent).
How can I limit speed for my PC so it doesn't happen.
I have tried using bandwidth profiles by setting priority to LOW and assigning my PC mac address but it doesn't work.

pretty much any torrent client would let you set speeds.

I have set speed limited on torrent, but browsers doesn't give options, of course I can download external download, but I would prefer it to be last choice as I want to keep downloads in browsers menu.

If It can be done, I would likely put speed limit on mobile as well, since I downloads videos on it too. The problems is when I watch TV and it start getting buffering a lot.

i mean if you have let's say 5 devices and you limit speeds for all those devices somehow... you are looking at 6mbps per device. bandwidth throttling is probably not going to solve this problem. but anyways.

I won't be limiting all devices, just PC and mobile maybe because I download on them frequently.
And there are only 4 devices that use wifi most times, my pc and mobile, brother's mobile and TV.
My PC is most that consumes data, other just stream youtube and normal browsing, sometime my mobile rarely

JioRouter bandwidth profiles does not work. Your best bet is to either use QOS or SQM with the help of a third-party router, or if torrent is your only concern:
  • Limit the max download rate to 2.5 MB/s or, 20000Kb/s. Depending on the metric, your client supports.
If you go with QOS options; limit your total TCP connections in advanced BitTorrent settings; this ensures it follow QOS rules.
There are also third-party tools that allow "bandwidth management" but none of them really is a traffic policer.

Last edited: