How to install BSNL Broadband ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanketindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,851

sanketindia

ISP
reliance
hi all.I am applying for broadband combo 600 FN where we get 2-8 unlimited and speed is upto 2Mbps.However, BSNL says they will not install the internet connection and i have to buy the modem. They have just installed telephone at my place and its working.So i have bought Asus DSL-N10E. Though, I am yet to receive id/password, I just wanted to know how to install the internet. With the modem, I have also received splitter and some wires.So could someone please provide step by step installation guide or provide any pointers to the same?Also wanted to know if there is some automation that can be done for this 2-8 night unlimited timeslot.Say, the pc and modem needs to be kept 'on' and some software connects say at 0215 am in the morning, that would be helpful.Thanks in advance.Sanket

inform bsnl that u have just purchased modem and they will send u their technician to your address, if have deposited a separate full filled form for broadband connection.

inform bsnl that u have just purchased modem and they will send u their technician to your address, if have deposited a separate full filled form for broadband connection.

Thanks but as I have said, they have declined to install broadband. They said I have to install it or get help of friend. On another note, if i fail to do on my own then he said he will arrange for a visit but that techincal guy will charge around 300/400 Rs in PUNE. So thats why looking for instructions to install it.

Regards.

6- WLAN Setup
WLAN Interface – Enable
Encryption – WEP
WEP Key- Key length - 64 Bits
Key Format – Hex 10
Key- Enter 10 digit number
Click Next

Use WPA2 instead of WEP 🙂

Thanks but as I have said, they have declined to install broadband. They said I have to install it or get help of friend. On another note, if i fail to do on my own then he said he will arrange for a visit but that techincal guy will charge around 300/400 Rs in PUNE. So thats why looking for instructions to install it.

Regards.

weird usually its better to let the co. guys handle this stuff...

yes thats true they will charge for the visit/adjustment, but let them do their task, or call 1500 from your landline and ask them about your account id and other setting so that u can do it by yourself.

Wire from BSNL goes to splitter from where it will split to phone and modem. Ports will be labeled and hence easier to identify.

Wire from BSNL goes to splitter from where it will split to phone and modem. Ports will be labeled and hence easier to identify.

yes. I was about to ask that question. Currently i have one cable connected from Board to Phone. And there is one cable which came along with modem. It seems this cable will go from Modem to PC Lan port. Correct ?

So I think i can use the current Board to Phone cable for Board to Splitter and then I will still need 2 cables from Splitter to Phone and Splitter to Modem. Am I right? which ones are these (I mean what are these called ? technical name...) RJ11 or RJ45 ? Any link to buy these ?

Regards.

Right. I'll explain it in easy terms. A phone wire is called RJ11. Now, you probably have a wire comes from the wall socket. Plug this into the splitter (into the port labelled line). Now the splitter has two more ports (labelled phone and modem) Plug two more rj11s into these. Now, the rj11 which has been plugged into the port labelled phone goes to your phone and one plugged into the port labelled modem goes to the modem.The cable that came with the modem goes from modem to PC.LAN port 🙂

hi all.

I am applying for broadband combo 600 FN where we get 2-8 unlimited and speed is upto 2Mbps.

However, BSNL says they will not install the internet connection and i have to buy the modem. They have just installed telephone at my place and its working.

So i have bought Asus DSL-N10E. Though, I am yet to receive id/password, I just wanted to know how to install the internet.

With the modem, I have also received splitter and some wires.

So could someone please provide step by step installation guide or provide any pointers to the same?

Also wanted to know if there is some automation that can be done for this 2-8 night unlimited timeslot.

Say, the pc and modem needs to be kept 'on' and some software connects say at 0215 am in the morning, that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Sanket

2 am to 8 am unlimited plan still exit all over india with the plan u applied?? i have doubt. as i exit from one such old scheme to 4 mbps scheme. now bsnl 4 mbps is very bad and totally unstable and u will get 4 mbps or abv even 3 mbps for some hour only and rest of the time below 1 mbps. so i want to back to same plan of 2 mbps. now if currently if 2 am to 8 am unlimited exit . it is good.sorry for diverting the disscussion

hi:can someone suggest if there is any dialer for BSNL broadband connection ? as of now whenever I switch on the modem it connects and it disconnects when I switch off the modem. Is there any better method ? I have Asus N10E modem.regardsSanket