How to increase the speed of download?

• Thread starter Thread starter LP007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,780

LP007

ISP
BSNL
Hi, Iam using Dataone UT-300R2U modem and have SNR Margin27.0db12.0dbdBLine Attenuation11.0db3.5dbdBLoss of Signal00CRC Errors00Data Rate2044 Kbps517 KbpskbpsLatencyInterleavedInterleaved as the current status of my connection. Could you please let me know if this is the fairly good connection or is there any possibility of tweaking the settings to increase the speed of download. Thank you 🙂

SNR and Attn values are good. Check speed at speedtest.net mumbai server.Try connection booster from trackzapper.com . save old settings.Select default values.Check again.

Hi essbebe, Thank you for the quick reply. Speedtest.net gave my internet connection speed as :-Download 277 Kb/sUpload 58 Kb/sTrying connection booster from trackzapper.com Downloaded the connection booster and installed the *.exe file. Restarted the computer Tried Speedtest.net Result:-Download :258Kb/s🙁Upload : 60Kb/s🙂 Any Suggestions???

243967808.png mine 293/239 airtel 256Kbps. You can revert to old settings.( If you are confident you can change MTU/MSS)Presume you are also on 256Kbps tariff plan. ConfirmDid you restart the computer after changing the settings? seems OK minor variations possible at different times. .

Hi essbebe, Iam having BSNL 256Kbps Unlimited tariff plan. Yes I restarted my computer after changing the settings and got the results as mentioned above... Reverting the changes back to old settings... Let me know about minor variations you mentioned, that I could change to see better performance.

No further tweaking necessary.Look at other trial programs at same web site.
try speedguide.net and get recommendations from that web site for further tweaking.
You can download at max 32KB/sec say 2MB/minute. 100Mb/hour apprx 24hours 2.4GB approx.
If you want faster speed Try Home 500 tariff plans. 8 times faster d/l ( upto 2 Mbps speed)
You have to spend only three hours ! on same approx calculation basis.
(*conditions apply !!! like time of day, traffic congestion , system setup etc )
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Only disadvantage is free usage allowed only between 0200-0800.
If you use FireFox browser with addons,( AdblockPlus/Flashblock/Noscript etc) daily surfing in day time , about 80 MB is sufficient ( 2.5GBdivided by 30 )compared to IE7.

Hi essbebe, Have confirmed that the connection is fine and have set the original settings....so no problem as of now:yahoo: Thank you for your time and advice....Wish you good luck :thumbsup: