• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,247

itachi

I got banned!
ISP
BSNL
VI
JIO
It is quite simple. The Jio sales person told me that it is very easy to disconnect and reapply for a Jio connection now. It is as easy as getting a Jio sim delivered to your home.

So, when you plan nearly gets over, disconnect it and apply for a new connection. You may lose your landline but who use landline nowadays.

You will get latest router and STB and everything.

Soon this loophole will be plugged. Sales rep are doing this to reach their target.

@tatyasky

I was talking about people having difficulty upgrading their old Jio routers. They could do this.

I am not encouraging people to use Jio and dump Jio so they can get new new routers.

Maybe I misinterpret you.

I'm using jcow401 router and it has the worst 2.4ghz wifi signal range. I can't even get the signal into the next room. What's the weird part is 5ghz signal range is better than 2.4ghz signal range. I get full signal on 5ghz and no disconnections in every room but not with 2.4ghz. I tried changing channels and transmit power for 2.4ghz but nothing helped. I posted a complaint on twitter to change the router. I asked for jcow414 which is the best router.

go for jcow414the performance is good no issues and it seems like they are providing this router to majority of people now a days

(Really sorry for the long message, but please read the entire message)
Jio technician came to my house today regarding the 2.4ghz wifi range issue. He tried resetting the router but the wifi range didn't change at all. I'm not even getting full signal into my next room which has no walls but only one mesh door. He tried my wifi using his mobile and he said he is getting 3/4 bars wifi signal and there is no problem with the router. But if he moves further into my room wifi signal is dropping even on his mobile and 5ghz signal strength is better than 2.4ghz in the same location of the room. But for some reason he keeps on insisting that my router is fine and he is getting good wifi signal. He is not listening to my point that I'm not getting the signal most of the time and there will be frequent disconnections if I use continuosly. He refused to change the router and keeps on sayin there is no issue and I can't change it. Upon arguing for few minutes with my point and I also added extra point that my old TP-Link router wifi range is better than jio router and I said I can show the proof, I have the router i just need to turn it on. He again refused to see that because it is not a jio router. F**ck this guy man, he keeps on insisting that he doesn't know about other brands routers. But after some time of argument he said he will change the router but only after 5 days and he also said to don't raise another ticket and to call personally to his mobile number. He said he will use current ticket as an excuse to change the router. Like, what is going on with jio employees? I don't understand. He could have said this thing earlier before starting my argument. I don't know man, very weird. I also asked about the model number of the new router which he will install inplace of the old router. He said he don't know about model number but he will bring what is available in the store. So, i asked about the physical appearance (looks) of the router. He said the recent routers has two wall mount handles on the back. So, I'm guessing it is JCOW414. AFAIK, only that model router has two wall mount handles at the back. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Last edited:
the JCO4032 is the worst of them all, I was completely frustrated w. that particular model, this JCOW414 is working fine for me!
and Range for 2.4GHz is lower than that of 5GHz, on this 414 too, but it is much better than my older one!

What ? Even on 414 model, 2.4ghz range is lower than 5ghz ? Why ? I doesn't make any sense. I think they made these routers to prioritise 5ghz for all devices and 2.4ghz for IOT. Since, IOT devices doesn't need more signal/bandwidth, they are lowering 2.4ghz functionality.

Today , my 4032 was replaced with 411. Now 2.4gz devices cannot connect. I tried resetting the router, changed password with jio app. Same issue. I will raise complaint.

Anyone here with jcow411 ?