How to get High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) and color fuel stickers in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 17,512

Apparently they are mandatory in metro cities now?

I have not heard much about them but this looks like another major scam in the making.

You cannot get a number plate made from a local car accessories shop now?

What exactly is in the number plate? RFID tags? What is the purpose?

I guess this is going to become another nuisance for the car owners in India as they would be challaned for not having these new plates.

Need more info please!

Justice Rajiv Shakdher wondered why buyers should suffer for lack of coordination between the authorities and the car dealers, while hearing a petition by a woman lawyer highlighting the problem. Bowing to the concerns voiced by HC, the government said it has deferred a proposed crackdown on vehicles without the numberplates till Thursday.
Why should buyers suffer for fault of govt, dealers: High court

Attachments

• High Security Registration Plates.webp
    High Security Registration Plates.webp
    32 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Nah, cars bought before 2019 need to go via the portal, post 2019 go via dealer.

I have a different issue. My car has a Delhi license plate but I shifted recently to Gurgaon. lol What to do? use the Delhi site to book at some dealer?

Go based on the number plate, if it's Del then use the Delhi site.

Idiocy. Could have given the powers to pollution certificate outlets at petrol pumps but we all know what a scam that is. Gotta make it painful for people to comply with new regulations in the middle of a global pandemic.

Cost of sticker 100
Convenience charge 20
Delivery 100
A sticker can cost 100? Seriously? I booked it today and appointment date is 5th Feb. Really printing of sticker takes so long?

Ghar bhaithey aa jaye 🎉 karo. I should book one as well. Would have to take photos of the both number plates I guess. Which link works for Haryana/NCR?

Last edited:
lol. i guess paying online to get the booking number is the best one can do at this point of time. no guarantee if the cops would accept that or not. but it's something.

I carry a print of my order. I am not sure if I'm required to take my car and let them stick it or I can simply collect it in the absence of the vehicle. Either way, I really should have collected it by now.

since the sticker is essentially the third number plate as per the hsrp documentation i have been reading, it's likely that they want it to be pasted by an authorized dealer. this way it cannot be pasted on another vehicle just like the number plates which are designed to break if you try to remove them from a vehicle.

@Samuel they are doing online deliveries of stickers in Delhi, i guess slots for deliveries per day is limited. I myself booked home delivery few days back and the appointment date is of February, 2021

online delivery is pointless if they are not sending the sticker to your house right? that's what we are discussing here...

Haven't got it but they are charging extra and taking the delivery address. I don't think they won't be delivering despite all this.

Ye bsdk nationwide delivery launch karne ke Baad mandatory nahi kar sakte the?