How to get external speakers working with Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

ISP
BSNL
Has anyone tried connecting speakers to the Jio STB?
I tried connecting but they are not working and couldn't find any option for switching audio from HDMI to audio out.
Also the remote control has some buttons which does nothing.

I use external speakers with my Jio STB.
Actually there is some problem with the audio of my TV. So I compulsorily have to use external speakers be it for Jio STB or for watching normal cable.
I just connect the speaker cable to the audio port on the STB. The sound is automatically played via the speakers. I don't have to change any settings for that.

Upvote 0
Had contacted the sales rep for details on how to make it work.
He's still not sure and said will get back by friday on it.
Strange that a basic feature does not work directly on it.

Upvote 0
I have tried it on normal speakers as well as Bluetooth speakers (connected via cable).
Works absolutely perfect for both. Don't know what is the issue with your STB.
Which STB do you have?

Upvote 0
I use external speakers with my Jio STB.
Actually there is some problem with the audio of my TV. So I compulsorily have to use external speakers be it for Jio STB or for watching normal cable.
I just connect the speaker cable to the audio port on the STB. The sound is automatically played via the speakers. I don't have to change any settings for that.
Will jio set box can be connected with home theater have optical port with my bew jio hybrid set up box???

Upvote 0
I don't think you can connect bluetooth devices to the Jio STB. I am having a bluetooth speaker but it can't be connected via bluetooth to the STB. I have to connect it using a cable.

Upvote 0
My bluetooth speaker has a audio port where i connect the cable. The other end I connect to the 3.5mm jack on the Jio STB.

Last edited:
Upvote 0