How to Get Airtel's Backend to enable Bridge Mode

ISP
Airtel
Folks,

I see a lot of you have been successful in getting Airtel's Backend to enable the bridge mode on your connections. I have been at it for the past 4 days and I am yet to encounter a knowledgable individual at Airtel's Call Center. I have escalated it to the Nodal email provided and I am hopeful they get this done.; however, I wanted to pick your brains on how you managed to enable the Bridge Mode.

Any advice / guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

PS: Anyone tried re-flashing the Nokia G-2425G-A? If you have any advice / guidance please DM/PM. Cheers

They have enabled bridge mode now, but did it on all ports 😂. I am able to get ipv6 address now, which i didn't get on airtel modem because in wan configuration, the ip mode was set to only ipv4

Source

Upvote 0
@GR2 my ont is Nokia 140w. Bridge mode is enabled on 1 port. I can dual wan nokia as well as TP-Link.
On nokia if i enable ipv6 , it says disconnected/down but ipv4 works on it.

on tplink in bridge mode, ipv4 pppoe works but when i try to enable ipv6 on that internet does not work as there is no ip on it.

Upvote 0
Yes that might be the case but if they have enabled cg-nat in my city then what’s the reason of not providing ipv6?

Upvote 0
I had same opinion till i tried openwrt router.
Stock firmware sucks on most routers imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For some reason bridge mode increased the latency by 7-10 ms, so i gave the request to disable bridge mode on thursday and it was disabled yesterday. Is it normal for latency to increase in bridge mode?.

Upvote 0