How to Get Airtel's Backend to enable Bridge Mode

ISP
Airtel
Folks,

I see a lot of you have been successful in getting Airtel's Backend to enable the bridge mode on your connections. I have been at it for the past 4 days and I am yet to encounter a knowledgable individual at Airtel's Call Center. I have escalated it to the Nodal email provided and I am hopeful they get this done.; however, I wanted to pick your brains on how you managed to enable the Bridge Mode.

Any advice / guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

PS: Anyone tried re-flashing the Nokia G-2425G-A? If you have any advice / guidance please DM/PM. Cheers

username is your dsl number like dslnumber_dsl@airtelbroadband.in and password is your airtel bb accout number.

Upvote 0
I guess bridge mode can be enabled without airtel CC doing it from backend. I enabled bridge mode of one guy having the same router remotely(via teamviewer)

Upvote 0
firmware might be different. Can you login to router interface?

Upvote 0
how about if I check remotely? as texting here is gonna take way too much time. If you want it remotely let me know, I will private message you.

Upvote 0
Update for May. I got bridge mode enabled by Airtel but still facing the same error. They are now saying that I need to get a static IP assigned.
The error I'm getting is from Roon Media Server and it says multi NAT detected

This is my current setup.
WAN --> Airtel Router (H660GM-A) --> Deco Mesh Router (192.168.1.2) --> Media Server (192.168.68.48:55000)

This is the error message I'm getting from my media server

Code:
{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"122.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"192.168.1.2"},
"status": "status": MultipleNatFound
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.68.1","found_natpmp":true},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.68.1","found_upnp":true}
}
image.png

Upvote 0
@MascotR Yeah this definitely looks like multiple NAT layers. With bridge mode enabled, you need to enable the PPPoE connection on the Deco.

Your Deco seem to have an IP address of 192.168.68.1 and all clients get an IP address in that range.

If bridge is working correctly, you just need to change the WAN type to PPPoE on Deco and input the username/password there. Currently I am guessing from the IP addresses you shared, the Deco is set with WAN type as DHCP.

Upvote 0
hi guys, I have the same issue. router ZyXEL pmg5617-r20b. Unable to do bridge mode via.GUI, its grayed out. Tried emailing the net@airtel email address and also the nodal and appelate email. 3 days from 1st email to net@airtel email address and still no response.

Any help would be much apprecaited. Also, posted on telegram channel incase easier to dm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0