How to get a passbook for your ICICI Bank Savings Account?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 133,151

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have to admit, I have no idea. This has been my experience…ICICI Bank recently mailed me that they were no longer going to send paper statement by postal mail.I have two options. I can either make do with emailed statements. Or I can apply for a passbook. About the passbook, the email clearly said:You can also ask for a pass book at your nearest branch.Today, I decided to give it a go. I went to my ‘nearest branch’ (Sector 31 Market Gurgaon) to get a passbook for my savings bank account. I was told that there were some technical problems and only this branch right now was not able to provide passbooks to customers. I was told to visit any other branch where I could get a passbook on the spot.I decided to take it one step further. I went to another branch of ICICI Bank (Civil Lines Gurgaon). There I was told that I can only get a passbook from the branch where I have my account.I decided to do exactly that. I went to the branch where my account was located (Sector 14 Gurgaon). Was told… I can leave the application and come back after a week or so to collect my passbook. I was not amused by this. I asked for more details. Was told that only the home branch has the powers to update my passbook so I would have to deal with them.Not exactly what ICICI Bank indicated in their initial mail.I did the next best thing. I applied to transfer my account from that branch to the one nearest to my home.This process would take three days. The bank representative at the local branch had told me that it would take them at least 2 weeks to start distributing passbooks again.So well… The waiting begins.

hmm. i was told that the passbook should be ready in a day or two. it has been 4-5 days. lol. (and i got my e-statement 2 days ago so i guess they have still not processed my request)

Upvote 0
You are in queue. आप कतार में हैं

Upvote 0
It's pretty useless to be honest. Transaction detail is so cryptic I cannot really make sense of what it was for. It shows MMT/RefTRANSACTIONNUMBER for an IMPS transactions. But then in case of IMPS you have little information apart from MMID and Mobile Number.

Upvote 0
As for getting it updated, you would have to go to a branch and hope that they are free enough to update it for you 😀

Upvote 0
From what I know of passbooks, it should. This is a bank issued document. You cannot fake a passbook easily. Printouts are easier to fake. Would find out when I have to submit an address proof next.

Upvote 0
Yep. I have used it as both many times. But since I have shifted my house to Noida I have not yet updated my address in that account 😛. This practice is in place for atleast 3-4yrs

Upvote 0
ICICI Bank Passbook on the other hand lacks any stamp or signature. I have a feeling that all the struggle to get it is wasted because it still might not be accepted as an address proof.

Upvote 0