• Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 74,211

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
It sounds like a herculean task to me. But how does one get a replacement micro-SIM from BSNL? A friend is buying the Moto E for his dad.

Instead of going through the BSNL jhamela, the best bet would be to get the SIM cut from a local mobile store.

Upvote 0
The SIM is quite old. Not sure which SIMs are not safe for cutting older or newer. He does have contacts at the top of BSNL Gurgaon. I think his dad is a friend of the GM Gurgaon... I have asked him to use the contacts lol.

Upvote 0
Get a replacement normal sim from BSNL and then go to a nearby mobile phone store they've the cutter. Whether it's a old one or a new one both will do.

Upvote 0
So BSNL does not issue microSIMs? What is the process of getting a new normal SIM? Would he need a FIR to get the replacement SIM?

Upvote 0
First of all you need to block the old one. Then you need to provide ID proofs - photo ID and address proof in original as well as the copies. Then you need to fill the request form for a duplicate sim. You got to pay Rs. 20 for a 2G sim or Rs. 200 for a 3G sim (Not sure if it can be cut into a micro sim) along with the form and the copies of the proofs. Then you'll be provided with a new sim and receipt. It will then take 1 hour or so to get activated and there you have it.

Upvote 0
I better ask him to call his GM uncle for details. This sounds painful to be frank just to get a MicroSIM. 😕

Upvote 0
Process is the same for other operators too, except that the person owning the connection, needs to be physically present in case of bsnl. But. The dude has a GM uncle, why bother then 😀

Upvote 0
Well on other operators, you can find a local authorized service center. With BSNL you have to go to the exchange and deal with babus.

Upvote 0
So in normal circumstances, his dad would have to go to the exchange himself and get the thing processed? No wonder I do not find a lot of people with BSNL mobile connections.

Upvote 0