• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,575

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
I am on plan 590Nu, i was configured on 512 kbps downstream initially, though i used to get 32 KBps constant. Now 2 days back, the MTNL suckers downgraded me to 256 kbps....and rendered my connnection non funtional for 2 days. Now though the connection is running I am getting around 28 KBps.Can u guys suggest whom to contact in Delhi for restoring speed to 288 kbps, so that i may get 32 KBps speedShud I contact 1504, GM BB office or Mr. Shubendu???????

if u're on 512 kbps, then you should get min 55 - 60 KB/s as a download speed....i'll prefer, you call Mr. Shubendu - he's JDO BB, tell him your problem, and do add that you r tired of contacting 1504/ Customer care...

No, actually I am on 590 NU.....so i am supposed to get 256 kbpsBut when i got my connection i was sync on 512 kbps though i was getting 32 KBps only because they set speeds at some software level as wellNow i need to increase my downstream to 288 kbps so that i can get atleast 32 Kbps back. Many guys here reported that they were succesful in getting 288 kbps back.......i wanna know whom did they contact????

yes please tell guys. since the 2mbps thing, i have had 256kbps only! 🙁 please tell us where to go?

Ok guys lets make a deal......we will all call Mr Shubendu and GM broadband Office tommorow and ask for 288 kbps. Is it done?Apoorv and Lokesh, I hope u both are loacted in delhiI called up GM BB office today and they were kinda amused when I mentioned 288 kbps. I told them about lossess on DSl and stuff......but he said 590 NU pe 256 kbps sync hi milegi and effectively 220 kbps ke around milegi.guys make a point to call Mr Shubendu and GM BB office tom.All who are on 256 kbps are welcome to call tommorow.

But why? earlier i was synchronised to 512 kbps and perhaps they have some other mech to control speeds.....i used to get 31.6 KBps always stat.And did u notice any improvement after u were upgraded from 256 to 288

Actually SNR Margins and Line Attenuation values have gone haywire after the 2 Mbps thing.... So even on 288, we aren't getting good speeds.@ boygr8I'll call Shubhendu tomorrow too 🙂 .

But that is his office's number. So the number belongs to MTNL isnt it. Ok PM me his number.