How to extend wifi range of utstarcom wa3002g4

• Thread starter Thread starter arihantddn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 18,208
My problem is that i dont have a second router with me right now & i want to purchase 2nd one be it a router or a.p. One hardware guy brought dwl2100ap for me & both of us coudn't got it working so he took taht one back. Now i want to buy one a.p./ or router, one which gives me a sure shot solution. D-Link 2100ap is costing around rs3800, dlink 1150 ap is costing around 1800 & wa3002g4 if i buy from bsnl will cost rs 2000. So i want to be sure which one is the right option before buying/ or you may suggest some cost effective solution.MY CONFIGURATION IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS:WA3002G4 ADSL MODEM CUM ROUTER (WIFI)------ETHERNET----DESKTOP::WIFI ACCESS (WANT TO ADD SOMETHING WIRELESS HERE TO EXTENDE RANGE/ SIGNAL)::LAPTOP (BUT SIGNALS ARE WEAK HERE SHOWS ONLY ONE BAR & DISCONNECTS FREQUENTLY)PLEASE COMMENTALSO I WANT TO HAVE WPA PSK SECURITY

MY CONFIGURATION IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

WA3002G4 ADSL MODEM CUM ROUTER (WIFI)------ETHERNET----DESKTOP
🙁* OK. also ~~~~~~~ wireless signals limited range )
:
WIFI ACCESS (WANT TO ADD SOMETHING WIRELESS HERE TO EXTENDE RANGE/ SIGNAL) (* Not needed. see below )
:
:
LAPTOP (BUT SIGNALS ARE WEAK HERE SHOWS ONLY ONE BAR & DISCONNECT
(* adding another Wireless AP unit for different floors )

======================================================
QUESTION
How can the WAP54G be set up as a wireless signal repeater with the WRT54G router?

https://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=231

h t t p s://Linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=231

I think with WA3002-g4( similar to WRT54G)
you can combine the linksys WAP54G.

You can now place the WAP54G Access Point in another nearby location (with its power adapter plugged in) so that it can repeat the wireless signal that it receives from the WRT54G.

Para two:
Security etc clearly explained in above site.

Feedback.

important: For the ap client and wireless bridge modes, the remote access point must be a second
Linksys wireless-g access point (model number: Wap54g). For the wireless repeater mode, the
remote wireless bridge must be a second linksys wireless-g access point (model number: Wap54g)
or wireless-g router (model number: Wrt54g).
this i took out from a manual of wap54g, i dont know how much it is true, but if it is true than it wont work with wa3002g4..

But this kinda thing is given by each company with their products i suppose.

the remote access point must be a second
Linksys wireless-g access point (model number: Wap54g)
For the wireless repeater mode, the
remote wireless bridge must be a second linksys wireless-g access point (model number: Wap54g)
or wireless-g router (model number: Wrt54g).

Does this mean the first unit should be also of Linksy's ?
Give the link from where , above info

Please study the diagram/s given in earlier links.
I think you are nearer to a solution.

does this mean the first unit should be also of linksy's ?
Give the link from where , above info

please study the diagram/s given in earlier links.
I think you are nearer to a solution.

i downloaded the user manual for wap 54g from Linksys india website & found that quote in the manual..