How to Downgrade BSNL Fiber Plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter ironmannn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 52,317
ISP
Airtel, BSNL
Can anyone tell me how to downgrade my BSNL plan. Currently i am using Fiber Value plan and since i am going to office (located in another city), no one will use the broadband at home. I want to change the plan from Fiber value to fiber basic or fiber basis plus. Earlier in the selfcare portal, there was an option to change the plan (either upgrade or downgrade) but now the option is to only upgrade the plan. Is there any other way to do it?

Solution
BSNL has recently removed the Change of Tariff plan option on the Self-care portal. You have two options now , go to their office and give a Letter , or tweet to them on the BSNL page or call your LCO and tell him to downgrade if he can. I have not tested the LCO part.
I will advise not to go out for that. Tweet them and try to change it.
Someone had success by contacting them on twitter

Upvote 0
BSNL has recently removed the Change of Tariff plan option on the Self-care portal. You have two options now , go to their office and give a Letter , or tweet to them on the BSNL page or call your LCO and tell him to downgrade if he can. I have not tested the LCO part.
I will advise not to go out for that. Tweet them and try to change it.

Upvote 3
Solution
You can contact your local BSNL office, they did that in a day for me.. I switched from Super star 1 plan to Fibre Basic Plus.. I don't get good speed, don't see any point paying for add-on services that rely on speed..

Upvote 0
I contacted BSNL Customer Care and the CC Executive gave me two options.
Either Offline, go to the Local Office, submit an application, or Online using their self-care portal. The online option is a joke as they have removed options to downgrade plans. The offline option is not possible in this lockdown period and it's frustrating to see BSNL using age-old options in 2021 to write Applications and Stuff just to change a plan.

Upvote 0
3 days back I complained for some modem related issues, after 2 days they resolved it, but idiots they changed my plan (upgraded) which I was not asked, also I don't need it.
Now chasing them for resolving issue and put my actual plan. 🙁

Upvote 0
They don't have a software team to develop an app so they probably paid lakhs to some company to get that website/software done years ago which they are still using.

And that website will not change for another 5 years as company is still not that profitable

Upvote 0
You can. I am yet to hear from(BSNL) as told by the NCH executive. They told me I would receive a call from BSNL within the next 7 days of a complaint. It's Tuesday today. Maybe BSNL does not feel any shame in losing customers as evident from previous cases. I will wait until Saturday just in case.
You can file a complaint and maybe see what happens. Its super easy actually.

Upvote 0