How to dispose off a Snake ????

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 6,850
Snakes are not really dangerous unless you disturb them.

But the fear of snake is more than snake itself!

@ghpk - You should probably design an LED lit been/pungi
1eFFyLw.png

Kobras/King Kobras don't harm unless you disturb them while Kraits will come and bite you while you're in sleep without getting disturbed and they're highly venomous even higher than the Kobras.

None of the snakes bite unless you do something to them. Also no snake will come and bite you without any reason during night.

This is for people who live in the cities- Other than snakes like Pythons, no snake stays in same place for more than few hours. Just don't disturb them. They will not do any harm.

We have that snake here. It doesn't bite unless you do something to it. I repeat, snakes don't bite unless threatened. This Western Ghat area is the home of all sorts of snakes. Do not get panicked by reading half cooked internet articles.

Reactions: SVK
Yes so you interpreted wrong

Snake does not know if person is sleeping. If snake is passing by and person moves (turns body or stretches leg/hand, hand falls on snake etc) and if snake feels threatened it will bite. Simply BAD LUCK of that sleeping person.

But your interpretation that it will BITE a SLEEPING MAN without any disturbance is wrong.

Reactions: Sai
Yes you're reading it right that's what the very experienced guys told me.

@amish maybe you're right but what I've heard from quite a few folks who've had many experiences of the Kraits including two snake catchers all of them told exactly what I said earlier.

They dont stay under pillow to bite.

But they find it very comfortable and good hiding place in day time.

So when night time - a person thinks about sleeping on pillow - snake would bite because it does not know that person is not trying to crush it but just trying to sleep on pillow.

What amish saying is right. In my experience, these snakes usually take shelter in storage area, between firewood etc. There are very very few cases of such snakes entering house in our area. Most of the biting cases happen outdoors.

Please do not get panicked by misinterpreting articles.

panic or no panic. bite or no bite. disturb them or not. you see a snake you either run the hell out of there or kill it (unless you know how to catch them which i guess most of us don't) .so no point in saying that they only bite when you disturb them or they feel threatened. let someone else test this theory,not you. 😀